✦・twelve╭╯

Jungkook was watching Zia pace around the room, waiting for Night to return.

"Zia," said Jungkook, walking up to her and placing his hands on her shoulders. "Calm down. Give her sometime she will come shortly."

"Your right." Zia exhaled. "She is old enough to take care of herself."

"You sound like her mother."

"Sometimes I feel like her mother." Zia retorted. They met each other's eyes before bursting into laughter.

"Let's do something together." Zia suggested when they had stopped laughing.

"Like what?"

"Play a game?"

Jungkook nodded in agreement, and Zia brought out Monopoly. He smiled. It was one of his favourite games.

"Fair warning, I'm not very good at this game." Zia chuckled.

"Then today I will teach you how to play this game." said Jungkook. He sat down and opened the box to set the board on the table in front of him. "Which token do you want?"

Zia sat down opposite to him. "I'll take the yellow."

They started and played in silence, which was occasionally broken by the buying of properties.

Jungkook was still a little nervous with Zia. He hadn't gotten to know her the same way he knew Night. They talked a few times in a day, but the conversation didn't last more than a few words. He could tell Zia, too, felt awkward around him.

Zia was a kind, caring human being, and Night was the exact opposite. It mesmerised Jungkook seeing them get along. They worked really well as a team. Zia's thoughtfulness and Night's quick response made a great combination.

The time rolled on as they continued playing.

"You are competitive." Jungkook commented, pushing his hair from his eyes.

"So are you." Zia laughed. The game continued and Zia started getting jittery. There was only so much she could distract herself before worrying about Night.

"Am I just being paranoid or is something wrong with Night?" Zia asked nervously, playing with the hem of her shirt.

"I don't know. Should I call her?" said Jungkook, worrying himself. Night was almost two hours late. She couldn't be held up at work for so long.

"Do you think a monster attacked her?" Zia said, saying what was running through his mind.

"She can kill monsters." Jungkook said, hoping it wasn't what the two of them were thinking.

"Night once told me, it's hard killing monsters without powers. Especially if the monsters are huge."

"She will be fine." Jungkook said firmly. "If she has been all these years, a monster can't do anything to her."

"What happened to her?" Zia asked cautiously. She knew it was a sensitive topic for Night.

"I don't know, but it was bad. She never shares it with anyone." replied Jungkook. He had known Night for three years, but she had never told him, and even he didn't insist on her to open up if it was uncomfortable with her.

"It must have been bad. She still looks shaken up about it."

The doorbell rang. Zia and Jungkook looked at each other. It was Night. Dead or alive, it was her.

-

Night and Jimin walked into the building, where the apartment was located.

"So you all live together here?" Jimin asked, looking around. There wasn't much to see. It was an old building with a broken down elevator. There weren't many residents in the building as most of them had moved away.

"Yes. Let's hurry! I'm already late." She said as she quickened her pace. Zia was going to be worried sick about her. Night hoped she would forgive her if she offered Jimin.

"Now, if I walk in front of my friends they won't recognise me?" Jimin suddenly asked.

"No. That is a disadvantage. Everyone in your old life will forget about you."

"That's fine. I don't like my friends, anyway." Jimin answered. Something changed in his eyes. His usual charismatic eyes looked angry and hurt. Night didn't insist on him to continue. She knew firsthand how much trust secrets carry.

They walked up the rest of the way without talking. Night rang the doorbell when they reached. Jimin beside her took a deep breath before exhaling through his mouth. His cheeks puffing out, giving him a cute appeal.

The door opened, revealing Jungkook. He looked at Night, a relieved expression crossed his face which changed into confusion as soon as he saw Jimin.

Zia popped up from behind Jungkook, matching his expression.

"Guys, this is Jimin, another Phenomenal." She introduced him.

"You found another one!" Jungkook said. "Nice to meet you,Jimin."

"Nice to meet you too uh.."

"Jungkook." he informed. "And that's Zia."

"Jungkook stop blocking the way. Let us come in." cut Night.

Jungkook realising his actions, almost at once moved away from the door letting them enter. Night went and sat on a sofa, exhausted.

"Were you two attacked by a monster?" Jungkook asked.

"A monster attacked Jimin. A Draugar, to be specific. I just stopped by to help him." said Night idly.

"Did you injure yourself?" Zia continued.

"Yeah." The two of them said together.

"Where? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"Jimin healed us."

"Oh. What are your powers, Jimin?" Zia asked.

"I have the power of light. It can heal people as well."

"We got a healer on the team." Night grinned. "Now we can get hurt without worrying about dying."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N}: Update cuz I got 400 reads!! Thankyou so much for it. 💜 Thankyou for reading. Pls vote and don't forget to comment on your favourite part. UwU Thakyou soooo much!!! 

I like the part in which Zia and Jungkook bond.