✦・ten╭╯

"The other planet was Eroth?"

"I think. Not many planets to go around."

"What's Eroth?" Jungkook asked from the backseat. Even though he had called shotgun, Night insisted on a round of rock paper scissors for the front seat. She won, and now Jungkook was stuck in the backseat. The seating arrangements didn't excite him.

"The planet you're from." replied Night, turning around. She looked at him dead in the eye, her tone grave.

Jungkook was an alien. He looked like a human. Could he disguise himself?

"Jungkook your imagination is going way too far."

"So Night lied to me?" He pouted. Night was a romancer. There was a certain subtleness to her lies, which made them go unnoticed.

"I didn't lie to you. But what was he thinking about?" Night defended.

"He thought he was an alien, in a disguise of a human being." Zia laughed. Jungkook felt heat rise to his cheeks. His thoughts sounded stupid when said out loud.

"That is very far-fetched." Night commented. "You don't have the disguise of a human."

"Thank god. But how am I from Eroth?"

"Your parents are from Eroth, they sent you here to keep you safe from the monsters. Those monsters have taken over Eroth. Now it is your job to save that planet. Before the monsters kill us." Night said.

He was from Eroth, not Earth. He had parents there who had sent him here to keep him safe. The people who he lived with were not his real family. Were they aware of it?

Jungkook clutched his hands together. Did his birth parents care for him?

He felt hot tears run down his cheeks. His vision blurry, his tears drowning his eyes behind them.

Night was looking at him softly. She understood what he was feeling. But she let him cry.

He wanted to say one last goodbye to his family. He wasn't sure if he would survive this.

"I want to say goodbye to my family." He told Night. Her expression changed drastically. Her eyes grew wide as she looked at him pitifully. "What is it?"

"Jungkook," she started softly. Her voice was a running river, gently washing his wounds. "I'm sorry, but you can't visit your family."

"Why not? This might be my last chance to visit them!" He forced out. Night was being heartless about his feelings.

"They forgot about you, Jungkook." She said with the same calming tone. Her eyes saddened.

The world had stopped for him. His family forgot about him. Who he was, what he liked. He was just a stranger to them.

"Why?" He choked out. Fresh tears threatening to spill.

"You know the truth, you need to leave your past life behind." She whispered.

"That's hardly fair." Zia added.

"It isn't, but that's how it works."

"They won't remember anything about me?"

"No, they won't."

Rage filled him. How could life be so unfair?

He looked out of the window; they were passing a construction site. Jungkook knew what he had to do.

"Zia, stop the car." He said.

"Why?"

"Just do it. I need to do something."