Chapter XXXVI: Let's Talk

Start from the beginning

That's why, when it felt like he relived the worse parts of his life, as he stared down at you on the hospital bed- it felt like the entire world just caved in and he didn't know what to do. The unfamiliar feeling of both resentment and anger engulfed his entire being, unsure of whether he should be more angry at himself or the one that put you in this position. But, he was fault just as much as the thing that put you on this hospital bed was. After all, he let you go, knowing well that something was going to happen.

Then he spiraled down and wallowed in self-pity, unable to figure out how to cope properly. Allowing himself to cry in from of you, only when no one else was in the room with him. Silently begging, something Gojo Satoru has never done, but for you, he hit rock bottom. He hit the lowest point of his life, as he held unto your hand. And if it wasn't your hand he's holding unto, it'd be a bottle of liquor that he'd down in one go, not even batting an eye once during the entire duration.

 And if it wasn't your hand he's holding unto, it'd be a bottle of liquor that he'd down in one go, not even batting an eye once during the entire duration

For the first time in his life, he felt unsure of his abilities.

He groaned, as he reached his hand up to rub his eyes, resting his arm on top of his eyes shortly after. As if he was trying to shield his eyes from the sunlight that wasn't present, because it was raining heavily outside of their apartment. Trying his best to remember yesterday's events, his migraine not making the situation not any easier for him to do. Satoru recalled that he was finally able to exorcise the spirits he was assigned to a couple of days ago, rather quickly, because he was the strongest after all. And he headed to the nearby bar to drink, wait, yeah, he went to the nearby bar- but he doesn't remember getting back home. Quickly realizing this, he shot up from laying down on the couch and analyzed his surroundings with narrow eyes. His gaze only softening when it landed on you.

"(Y/N).." He mumbled quietly, a soft smile grazing his lips. A breath of relief escaping his lips, as he eyed your sleeping figure on the other side of the sectional couch with a shape of an L. Stumbling to get up, he managed to kneel down in front of you. Brushing some of the hair on your face away, as he tugged on the blanket that was falling off of you and pulled it over you. "I must've made you worried, huh.. What a terrible boyfriend I am, right?" He chuckled softly, a frown becoming present on his face. "I'm sorry.." Gojo mumbled quietly, placing his face in between his hands, as he allowed himself to fully sit down on the floor- instead of kneeling.

The golden orbed woman fluttered her eyes open,"'Toru.?" She mumbled sleepily, through half-lidded eyes, (Y/N) reacher her hand out and placed it on top of his head. "What's wrong, Sato..?" He shut his eyes tightly, taking a deep breath in, as he removed his face from his hands. Her fingers gently running down his hair, eventually to his cheek. "Hey.." His lower lip quivered, feeling helpless in this hole that he dug up all on his own. She reached her other hand and cupped his face with both of her hands, looking directly into his sapphire orbs.