lessons

I awoke with a horrid headache. I didn't remember the night before and hoped I didn't do anything stupid.

"It was a wild party, huh?" I ask Hermione as I begin to get ready for my shower.

"You don't remember?" she asks me.

"Am I missing something?" I ask her. I remember talking to the Durmstrang boy Maxim but after that itwas a blur.

"Draco Malfoy came in and had words with the twins. He put you to bed." Hermione explained.

I gasped. Why would Draco come into the Gryffindor tower?

"He didn't say anything mean to you did he?" I asked her.

"No, just asked Ginny and I to change you and left." she explained.

I didn't remember seeing him. I should have.

I showered and headed down to breakfast with Hermione. The twins weren't speaking to me which I also didn't understand so I sat with Harry, Hermione and Ron for the first time ever. They were laughing and talking about how to figure out the egg since it was a hint for the next task. I excused myself and walked over to the Slytherin table.

I felt like I was literally walking into a snake pit. So many eyes on me. I approached Draco and seen him look at me curiously.

"Sparks, what brings you to the dark side?" Blaise asks.

"The cookies." I reply.

"Of course, your joke had to include food you fatass." I hear a girl say.

I turned to see a girl I didn't recognize stare at me as if she wanted to kill me. I shrug and turn to Draco.

"Can we talk?" I ask him.

He nods and shot the girl a glare as he takes my hand and walks me out of the Great Hall. I didn't know the twins were still watching our encounter and quite frankly, I didn't care. They were the ones not talking to me.

We reached an empty classroom where he pulled me in.

"I... I heard you put me to bed last night. I wanted to thank you." I tell him.

He nods and hands me a vial with blue liquid. I swirl it around curiously and look back to him.

"It's for the hangover. My mom drinks it sometimes." he explains and shrugs.

"You do care for me. Don't you?" I ask. I knew he did but I had to confirm. I still couldn't wrap my mind around anyone other than my parents taking this much care of me.

"I will always care for you, idiot." He says placing his forehead on mine.

I wanted to kiss him. I couldn't. Something was holding me back from just taking the plunge.

I felt someone grab my arm and pull me away from Draco. It was Fred.

"Malfoy, if you're done with Sparks here, Ineed a word." Fred tells him.

He looked to me.

"Are you okay with this?" He asks.

"Yes and thank you again." I replied.

He nods and sneers at Fred. He leaves us in the classroom with tension thick in the air.

"Malfoy? Really?" Fred asks me.

"What are you talking about?" I ask him.

"Well he came to George and I last night telling us to take care of you. Next thing, you tell him something and he takes you up to your room and we don't see or hear from either of you for the rest of the night." Fred explained.

"I don't remember that but I'm sure you have it wrong. He tucked me into bed and left." I tell him.

"You might want to tell Georgie that. He's furious." Fred tells me.

"Why is it my fault? You two left me alone, remember?" I argue.

"You could have joined us at any point." Fred says.

"Both of you were flirting with girls. Why would I want to be involved?" I reply.

"Fair point. I'll talk to Georgie. I won't leave you again." he tells me.

________________

We had to dance. Yes. Dance. I had taken lessons but seeing Ron dance with McGonagall had to be the funniest thing ever. We had to practice for a few hours before we were left to go free. George was still mad at me but was back to speaking with me. I'd been spending all of my free time with Fred since he wanted to be a prat.

______

Hermione and I sat by the lake studying. It was cool but comfortable out. Suddenly, Maxim and Viktor came up to us. They were laughing as they made their way to us and Hermione raised her eyebrow at me before turning back to the Russian boys.

"Hermione.."

"Amber.."

"Would you like to be my date to the dance?" they ask in unison.

We both exchange a look and nod. They smile to each other and bow. They leaveand we started to giggle.

"Well, at least we have dates." I say.

"I wanted Ron to ask. Viktors nice though." Hermione says.

"Yeah, these stupid Weasley boys. I would have gone with George in a heartbeat." I say to her.

Over the next couple of days Hermione spends time in the library or outside studying and Viktor follows her. I guessed they were getting to know each other better. Maxim came and spoke to me more frequently and we decided to wear blue to the dance.

_____________

One afternoon Gryffindor had a study period in the library with Snape as our supervisor. I was finishing up my parchment when I see Fred throw a note to Ron.

He reads it and looks up to his brother. He mouths 'well who are you going with?'

Fred shrugs and throws a paper at Angelina. 'What?' she mouthed annoyed. Fred played charades and asked her to the dance. She agreed and turned back to her friends giggling. Fred turned and winked at Ron and he blushed.

"Hermione.. you're a girl.." Ron started.

She huffs and takes my parchment and hers to Snape. He looks it over and nods to her.

"For your information Ronald, we have dates. Maybe you should ask earlier next time." Hermione whisper yelled at him and pulled me out with her.

George shot me a look I couldn't read and took me to the girls lavatory.

"I can't believe him." she says.

I pat her back and listen to her. I think back to Georges look and wonder what it was.