Chapter II: Bitter

Start from the beginning

Your mother was the last family member you had.

You heard your name being yelled out as you laid there, "(Y/N)!", you knew that voice. But you couldn't bring yourself to get up to see who it was, you were both physically and mentally hurt- you just wanted to disappear. Your heart shattered into a million pieces and your throat tightened with the short intakes of breath, then the sliding doors opened. "(Y/N)! What's wrong?!" There he was, Satoru Gojo, you had to only take one good look at him before you released more gut-wrenching sobs. Satoru wrapped his arms around you tightly, gently caressing your head, allowing you to have as much time as you need to release your grief.

You were a powerful sorcerer. But what good is being a powerful sorcerer, if you couldn't even save your own family?

(Y/N) was never quite the same after the incident, Satoru Gojo knew that. Something in you turned, like gears of clockwork. You were different, yet indifferent simultaneously. Of course, given, no one could ever be the same after that incident, who would be? The last image of your last family member choking you to death, that could never sit right with anybody.

You stopped talking for the longest time. Even when Satoru brought you your favorite things, from your favorite foods, to even buying you stuff toys just to cheer you up. Your once gleaming golden orbs fell silent, as you stared at the white walls of the hospital room.

You tried to kill yourself

Days after your mothers death, Satoru caught you in the bathroom attempting the worse. From pills, to razors, anything you could get your hands on, and it was painful for Satoru Gojo to watch. And he had to resort to the one thing he thought he'd never have to do, he brought you to the Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College's hospital. Shoko would be the one that used her reverse healing cursed technique to heal you from the wounds you inflicted unto yourself, and kept a close eye on you.

You were only 16 when this all happened, when a spiral of bitterness occurred during this time. Gojo being 18, he was also one of the other people that made sure to watch over you, even going so far as skipping classes and missions just to ensure you were alright.

 Gojo being 18, he was also one of the other people that made sure to watch over you, even going so far as skipping classes and missions just to ensure you were alright

Winter soon came, 10 months has passed since your mother's passing. You were never able to give her a proper burial, but Gojo made sure to still have a gravestone for your mother for when you were ready to come see her. As Gojo opened the hospital room door open, his eyes widened in fear- you were no longer on the hospital bed. His throat tightened as he prepared for the worse, he searched all over your hospital room, and ran around the hospital with fear in his heart that he's going to lose you.

He eventually reached a shrine nearby the hospital, and there you were. Your eyes closed, and hands together- you were praying. He watched you reach up and ring the bell of the shrine, and as you turned around, you saw a disheveled Satoru. Your eyes widened a bit, before you put your hand up to your lips and chuckled. "Sato-Kun, what are you doing going out looking like that? And where's your blindfold, you're going to strain yourself if you keep using your six eyes." You spoke, as you approached the young man.

The light in your eyes were back.

The playful gleamer behind those golden orbs were present, "Give me your blindfold and let me tie it around your eyes for you", you spoke as you reached your hand out to him. He could only stare at you with his mouth agape, he could finally breathe again. "Are you alright?" Were the only words that could escape his lips, and he could only watch you smile warmly at him with your eyes closed.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

━━━━━━━━

I was inspired while listening to Ib, who would've thought? I hope ya'll like this update, and the word count: 1200! chef's kiss! And I'm gonna probably keep writing for the rest of the night, I'm just too inspired!

And as always,

Peace!