Winter Prelims

~Belles pov~

As the week passed Akuma attacks were almost normal for me and I went on patrols as Ladybug and met with Cat Noir each night, every once in a while I ran into my friends as ladybug.

Today was the start of prelims and I went on the court as Kiyoshi and the others talked and soon the game started we got the ball first and Kagami passed to me and soon I was double teamed and they wacked the ball from me. "The games just getting started." Kiyoshi said and we played but we were 4 points behind, Kiyoshi passed to Hyuga who scored and then Kiyoshi scored I caught the ball after the other team tried to score and I gave it to Kuroko who gave it to Kagami but he jumped too high and headbutt the hoop.

The game went quickly with us in the lead and soon it was the 4th quarter and Kagami was getting heated so Kuroko handled it by throwing his band at him I laughed as I kept the two from each other I didnt want Kagami to kill Kuroko. Kagami got the ball and he rushed by the defenders until he jumped "MAKE THE SHOT!" Hyuga and I shouted as he did just that and at that moment I felt something that scared me but he made the shot and fell but the game was over Kuroko helped Kagami up and the team celebrated.

The next game was against the last king and we won, that game I had been on the sidelines. I felt like we were being watched it was Midorima and his team and my team and his team had a stare down. I stayed with Kiyoshi and we had met with someone who knew Kiyoshi "who's this?" The guy asked and Kiyoshi glared and kept me behind him I was confused but I assumed they had issues "well I'm Belleivora Heart-" I said he kept giving me looks and he said something "I hope both your injuries heal soon." He said I gave Kiyoshi a confused look and he didnt move from in front of me but the guy walked away and we returned to our team. I felt Tikki shift nervously in my jacket pocket so I went to the bathroom to check on her "hey Tikki you okay?" I asked and she nodded not saying anything.

The next day we went out to face Midorima for the next time I noticed Kise come in and watch but the game began and Midorima was in Kagamis hands but we got the ball but it was stolen quickly but we took it back, we kept shutting each other down I tried to keep Takao under control but I couldn't. Midorima talked to Kagami while I got ready "Midorima isn't acting like himself." Kuroko said and I nodded "yeah..." I said briefly I played with my miraculous as I watched the two.

By the 2nd quarter we were in the lead and Kagami had been keeping Midorima under control, I had the ball and Kuroko was struggling against Takao I tried to pass but Midorima got it Kagami tried to block but he was faked. Kagami didnt give up there though he jumped again I knew this was not going to be easy on Kagamis legs, Midorima missed and I picked up the ball and I threw it to Kuroko who gave it to Kiyoshi who scored. Midorima had the ball next and Kagami was trying to decide what to do but he faked and I jumped up to block but he passed which surprised me I landed and ran back to try to block but I was too slow.

That explains Kurokos bad feeling earlier, Shutoku has finally morphed into a team. I panted as Kiyoshi gave a pep talk "what do we do though?" I said and Kiyoshi looked at Kuroko "we can start by benching Kuroko, afterall if your misdirection doesnt work you can help much." He said and I pat Kurokos back as Kuroko was swapped out "leave it to me Kuroko!" I said and he smiled at me before going. The game got even more intense with Kagami and I on Midorima they scored against us and we ran towards the other side I had the ball and i passed to Kiyoshi who scored then Hyuga scored a 3. Midorima had the ball and I tried to jump but I fell and he scored, Kagami helped me up and the 2nd quarter ended.

I know Kuroko won't stay quiet long so I knew we were going to be fine, Takao had the ball but then he passed back to Midorima and I tried again to block it but was shut down, we ran to continue but our pass was blocked and they had the ball and they scored. Kagami cant jump, hes at his limit "you seem to he at his limit." Midorima said as I looked at Kagami concerned.

Soon Kuroko was back out and as they talked I knew that this would work. Hyuga threw the ball in play and the game began at a slow pace, I had the ball and I lowered my overall pressure by calming myself down (that's how Belle can lower her presence) I gave the ball to Kuroko who was ready to take on Midorima and he seemingly vanished and he ran forward he passed to me and I dunked "nice one Kuroko!" I said patting his back I got a rebound and I gave it to Kuroko again this time Takao tried stopping Kuroko but failed. He gave it to Hyuga who scored another 3 and then Kuroko repeated and we were tied.

Between the 3rd and 4th quarters Riko looked at me "Belle you're out you've been really tired and your stats have been all over the place lately so I want you to rest up for the next match." She said and I opened my mouth to argue but Kuroko cut me off "itll be fine." He told me and I nodded and let Izuki take my place.

I busied myself off the court by getting drinks and supplies ready as Manager I had to do my job afterall, Midorima and I made eye contact for a moment but then I went back and cheered for the team until the game was over at the end Kiyoshi had issues jumping something was wrong and I went to Coach "coach... something is up with Kiyoshi." I said and Coach nodded "you'll take his place next match." She said and I nodded as they took the free throws one made it the other missed. It ended with a tie. 104-104.

Everyone tackled Kiyoshi while I smiled to myself seeing everyone else including Midorima smile. We all bowed to each other and left talking to each other, laughing.