40 - Short and Sweet

Start from the beginning

Steve and I ordered first and then helped the kids order. Thena had everything done on her own. Junior had Steve decide and I picked for the boys. We waited a little while in silence. The kids talked and made noises but my mind was off. I felt my back get rubbed and looked over at Steve. He smiled and kept rubbing my back to make me less stressed.

We finished eating and were waiting for the bill. I got out my wallet but Steve put his hand over it.

"I got this pup. Don't worry." He smiled. I shook my head.

"Luke gives me money, and gets mad when I don't use it on myself or the kids. At least let me pay our way." I told him.

"Nope. I'm paying."

"Then I got tip." I said he was going to refuse but the waitress handed him the bill. He looked at me and smirked.

"You guys have some wonderful children." She said as she waited for Steve to count his money. I rolled my eyes at that but then looked at her and smiled.

"Well those are his and these two are mine." I said pointing at the kids. She smiled.

"A conjoined family? That's wonderful. They even get along great too." I just laughed.

"Oh no, we are best friends and the kids are friends. My boyfriends busy traveling right now and my best friend takes care of his kids."

"Yeah, my dad's cool!" Junior said. Steven looked over at Junior and smiled.

"Stevie's cool!" Bo said and Tate nodded quickly to agree with his brother. We all laughed at the kids. Steve handed her his card because he must not have had enough cash.

"I'll be right back with your card, and about four boxes okay?" We all nodded.

We got ready to leave and I left a tip under my glass. Steve noticed but didn't say anything. He knew I basically gave her a tip that was the cost of the boys and my meal. I had to use the money somehow. We went into the parking lot and I got the boys in the truck before saying my byes to Steven and his kids. He wanted me to text him later if I needed him. I nodded and was off to the house.

When I got to the house nothing seemed out of place but there were lights on. That was odd. I must have left them on. I shrugged and let the boys out. I grabbed the few bags that we had. Bo carried in the two containers of his and Tate's left over food. They followed behind me as I opened the door which was actually unlocked. Damn, I'm really screwing up today.

We all went into the kitchen. I was putting away the food when the boys ran upstairs to go play like I told them too. I put away everything. I was going to walk upstairs when I heard the basement door open. I stopped in my tracks and instantly went into my purse to grab the knife I always carry on me.

I slowly turned to the door in fear but when I saw Luke standing there with pink and blue flowers and a shy smile on his face I instantly eased and felt like crying. He shut the basement door behind him and I dropped my bag.

He opened his arms and I went straight into them. I let out some sobs as he hushed me and calmed me down. I really needed this. I needed Luke to be here. Knowing that he came all the way here made me know that everything will be fine and should be fine. Why else would he come here? I pushed away from him to look at his face and he smiled down at me and kissed my forehead.

"Wanna talk downstairs so the boys don't interrupt yet?" He whispered I nodded. We both headed downstairs quietly so the boys wouldn’t hear and then we sat down next to each other. He handed over the flowers and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said leaning over and kissing him. He smiled and kissed back.

"It's the least I could do after basically shutting you out for a while. I needed to think. I still need to think to be honest but my instinct told me to come to you."

"I understand Luke. This is as scary and surprising to me as it is to you." I admitted. He nodded.

"When you told me, I was wondering how the hell did this happen. Then I remember those two times we were both in the moment and condoms were not thought of. So I could see how this happened and why. Now we are learning that we did create a life. I may not be ready for another but you want one, and I know you're a great mother so I'm not mad, or it's not that I don't want it. I'm just trying to let it sink in; I'm going to be a father again." Luke said. I nodded.

"I know. I'm just scared. I was scared after that dream and even more after the way you reacted because I thought you were mad or didn't want me around anymore. I was hoping that you would call me in the morning and tell me you loved me and wanted this baby. I can't help but be scared. I've never been pregnant before. This is a first and I honestly don't know what to do. All I know is vitamins and that it's not even a peanut size yet. I googled some things but who knows that I'll feel all what those women do." I said now worried about this being my first pregnancy and I don't want to do nothing wrong. Luke grabbed my hands and held them in his.

"You'll be fine. I only have a little more touring. Then I'll be home for a month, then I'll plan for a three month tour and that you'll come out until you hit the third trimester. When you're 7 months I'll be done until the baby is a few months and I know you'll be alright. I could always have my mama come around and help. Also Jess, she knows, talk to her since her and Jason do have two together. Don't worry baby. I'll help you out as much as possible." Luke said rubbing my knuckles.

"Thank you so much Luke. I said and he opened his arms for me to come in for a hug and cuddle into him.

I now felt so much better. Luke may not want to be a father again but he is dealing with it and in time he'll be fine just like me.  I think I will take his advice and talk to Jess, but I first want to be with him till he goes back on tour, and I also want to talk to a doctor to know what's going on with my body. Then when it's time tell the Kids, and people. I could only wonder what everyone is going to say because Luke and I are not even engaged. What is my brother going to say? What are his parents going to say? How are we going to tell them?

______

What do you think everyone is going to say to the pregnancy? Do you think Luke is going to be okay with it?
20 Votes for a new Chapter!

Thanks everyone!
- Pup