Imagine ~ Luna_is_a_kitten

Start from the beginning

A while later the two of you had been debriefed and were going over the plan. Someone had somehow managed to hack SHIELD and had stolen rather important information, it was your job to get it back. Loki was to be the muscle and you were to retrieve the actual files. "Come on then!" You said brightly "Are you sure you're okay?" Loki asked for the billionth time. "Yes Loki, I'm fine!" He smiled "Then stop wasting time and let's go!" He said as he started to walk away. You shook your head chuckling and ran after him. The two of you entered the hostile building and headed straight for the main computer room. As you began to run you felt a little woozy but shook it off and carried on. Due to Loki being able to make you both invisible, you reached the computers very quickly. Loki was keeping an eye out so couldn't keep you invisible but could sustain it for himself. You didn't mind much as you knew there was only one exit and Loki had it covered. You sat down in front of the computer and for some reason couldn't focus on the words on the screen. You blinked a few times and tried to concentrate harder. You stood up and rubbed your eyes. You turned back to the computer and all of a sudden felt extremely dizzy. You stumbled backwards and tripped over the chair, crashing to the floor.

Loki spun round at the noise and ran over to you. "Schuyler! Are you okay?" He helped you to your feet and supported you; as you couldn't seem to stand properly. "Schuyler? Can you hear me?" Everything seemed out of focus and you felt weak as tired. You slowly turned your head to Loki and just managed to say "What's happening?" He looked slightly scared, slightly worried and very confused. "I don't know, we need to get you out of here!" You managed to shake your head and gesture to the computer; it seemed like you'd lost control of your body! "We need the information!" You protested. "No Schuyler we need to get you to a med team!" You pushed away from him and used the force to throw yourself into the chair in front of the computer. You squinted and just about managed to focus on the screen enough to type in a command and bring up all files containing SHIELD info. Suddenly an alarm went off somewhere near. "Well that's a bit late. Schuyler we don't have enough time to look through for the right files! Just transfer them all!" You highlighted all files and copied them to your USB stick. Loki yanked it out and pulled you to your feet. "Lean on me." He said as he pulled you from the room. He tried to make you invisible but it flickered and went 'out'. "I can't support you and keep us both invisible at the same time." You went to pull yourself away from Loki in the hopes that he would be able to sustain the invisibility. He locked his arms around you. "I don't care if it's risky, I'm not letting you walk by yourself!" This surprised you slightly but you didn't have enough energy to react. He started to walk again when thundering footsteps were heard behind you. Loki jerked you into a conveniently placed alcove in the wall and pressed both of you up against the wall. It was like you were embracing. You heard someone shout for men to check the computer room. You and Loki poked yours heads out and had a quick peek; there were so many soldiers. "They're not here!" Shouted the men from the computer room. Then they carried on down the hall towards you. "I'm going to have to fight." Loki whispered, while holding the both of you against the wall. "No you can't! I won't be able to help you!" You whispered back to him adamantly. "If I fight there's more of chance you'll be able escape! That's what matters." Then he ripped himself away from you and jumped into the middle of the hall. He threw all his power at them, while you screamed for him to stop. He didn't.

Loki couldn't hold off all the soldiers and eventually some managed to get closer. That was when you decided to step in. You stumbled out to stand next to Loki. You used your power to read the soldier's minds and shout out to Loki where to attack them; this was how your partnership worked. You would alert Loki to the enemy's weak spots, he would attack using the information, and if, on rare occasions, soldiers got close enough you would physically fight them, while Loki would try to help you by randomly using his magic. At the moment you were managing to cope well. However the men still got closer and crept nearer and nearer to you. They got too close. Loki couldn't help you anymore. One of the men leaped at you, you clumsily side stepped his attack and pushed him further away from you. Another reached for you, you tried to shout for Loki but the soldier hit you in the face; knocking you to the ground.