Moving in

Mrs Chen knocked onto the door to Chan's office, when she entered, Chan was curious to know why she was there with Meixing and all those luggages.

The air around felt tense and awkward. Chan could sense it wasn't something for Meixing to hear so he called for Changbin to give Meixing a tour of their company building as a distraction.

"What brings you here Mrs Chen?" Chan asked, gesturing for Mrs Chen to take a seat.

"It's a long story..." Mrs Chen said.

About 5 years ago when Mrs Chen got pregnant with Meixing, their family didn't know what to do. Living in China, there was a 2 kid policy, Mrs Chen already had two kids, that freaked her and her husband out.

After discussions with the kids and their parents, Mr and Mrs Chen decided to move from Shanghai, China to Seoul, South Korea and have Meixing be born there and receive citizenship there as well.

They raised Meixing in Korea, but you know things can't last that long, they had a family back in China.

After much thinking, they would send Meixing to an adoption center as they didn't want to risk bringing her back. That plan almost happened until Eunji appeared. Mrs Chen had hoped that maybe Chan would take Meixing in, and she was absolutely right.

Chan agreed, he definitely did not want Meixing to go to an adoption center. When Changbin and Meixing came back, Mrs Chen gave a hug to her and told Meixing that she would be staying with Chan and Eunji. She was excited to be staying with her best friend, but she could sense something wrong.

"Be good, I'll be going now," Mrs Chen gave Meixing a kiss on the forehead and left. Chan took a quick look at the adoption papers and signed it right away.

Chan and Changbin thought that Meixing would ask what was going on with her mum but she said, "it isn't pretty to hear right?" Meixing had already guessed what had happened, with the help of Eunji and Jaeyi. The trio had been suspecting something for some time already.

Time passed and Meixing was unpacking the rest of her stuff in her room. She felt a weird mixture of emotions, she was sad yet she was happy.

"Xingxing~ Lix is baking brownies, wanna help?" Eunji came into Meixing's room wearing an apron with flour all over. Meixing eyes lit up and ran down to the kitchen.

߬
✎ 04/03/2021
✎ Sorry for the abrupt ending, I can't think of ways to end it