Chapter 16

~~3rd Person's POV~~

Time went by slowly.

It was already pass midnight. Though, there was still no sign of–

...

A portal suddenly opened out of nowhere into the middle of the living room as a familiar figure walked out of the portal, carrying another person in bridal style. When they completely out from the portal, it closed by itself.

There stood Cross, carrying Dream in his arms who is sleeping peacefully. He sighed in relief that he didnt wake the other up. Because he had to lift him off from the ground, which means that the change of position could wake someone up. Except they are a heavy sleeper.

"What time is it..." He muttered to himself. Usually when its night time or midnight, the living room will be empty and quiet.

When day time, it will be noisy as hell. Even if he knew about the information. He still wanted to check if his guess was right.

He looked outside from the nearest window to see darkness from outside. Its clear that it was really late. Cross squinted his eye sockets. Thinking that he was seeing things cause he swore that he saw a floating and glowing eye in the distance. That only appeared to be an owl turning their head to 270 degrees. Soon it flies away from the branch that they're sitting on before.

"Stupid owl." Cross huffed in annoyance. He was scared that he was seeing another ghost. X-Chara is already enough for him. He doesnt need another ghost following him–

"What the fuck are you doing with my brother?!" A familiar voice shout from the entrance that connect the living room and the hallway. Though, Cross's back was the one facing to where the shout came from.

The Oreo boi was stunned. He knew whose voice it belong to. Slowly, he turned around nervously to meet Nightmare dead in the eye sockets. Though, Cross didnt know that Killer was right behind Nightmare. There was a bit of silence between them both. Cross was obviously nervous, as Nightmare was waiting for a respond impatiently.

Nightmare crossed his arms as his right foot kept on tapping the floor. Making a sound that is following the movement of a clock in every seconds. Nootmare movement and posture was enough to tell Cross that he wanted an explanation.

The Oreo boi gulped nervously. He could feel his soul beating very fast. He didnt know how to answer the question aswell.

"I repeat. What are you doing with my brother." Nightmare asked again. Cross was hesitate at a moment, but when he open his mouth to speak, another voice cut him off.

"Brother, he didnt do anything to me. He was just going to bring me back here after a walk we took, right Crossy?" Dream asked, looking up at Cross. Not noticing that he had called him with a nickname that he subconsciously choose.

But the others noticed it. Nightmare scowled at Cross. Wanting to attack him so badly. While the Oreo boi was blushing madly of the color purple. Killer just watched everyone's reaction.

Suddenly, they all could hear a light snores coming from the couch. They all looked over where the sound was heard. Only to see Horror sleeping side way on the couch. They all forget of what happened before and focused on Horror sleeping state.

All of them were wondering of how Horror didnt wake up yet from the yelling and loud sounds. And when did he even get here. But they knew that they wont find answers from themself.

There was some moment of silence before Dream tugged on Cross clothing and asked,

"Cross, can you put me down now?"