The third Maximoff (Peter Parker)

Start from the beginning

Peter stood in the security room, his fingers typing away as he loaded HYDRA's data onto the memory stick that Tony had given him for the mission.

"Have you reached the security room, Pete?" Y/N asked into comms.

"Don't call me, Pete, we're not friends. But yes, I'm here." he replied, his eyes flicking up to the camera as he saw Y/N walking into one of the rooms through the lens.

"Peter, I'm clear here-." she turned around and stopped abruptly, making Peter's eyes widen as a guard came into the shot. Standing between Y/N and her escape.

"Pete, I'm cornered." she gulped, Peter returning it as the guard started to corner her.

"Y/N, shit, the data isn't finished downloading yet, can you hold him off for two minutes?" Peter asked. He saw her lips curl into a smirk over the camera.

"What's she planning?" he mumbled to himself.

"Sure. I can take him." she nodded before jumping. Peter's eyes widened as he watched Y/N wrap her legs around the guard's face, him desperately trying to get her off. It didn't work, though. Y/N spun him around before slamming him down and rolling off of him.

"What the fuck?" Peter whispered. How had Y/N taken down that massive guard so easily, unless...Peter's eyes widened and he looked back at the screen to see the guard starting to get back up. Y/N raised her foot into his chest and sent him flying out of shot, the force of which made the camera shake.

"She has super strength...fuck." he scoffed and shook his head. It was then that Peter knew that he'd fucked up. He hadn't known that Y/N had abilities since he'd never seen her fight. He had always assumed that she'd only gotten onto the team through Wanda and Pietro. That being said, it made sense that she was also gifted. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. He'd always given her shit because he'd felt like she didn't deserve to be there, but underneath that, he thought that she was really nice, and was actually pretty attractive. He'd just been too blinded by his own self-righteous bullshit.

"I'm good here, Peter." Y/N's voice coming through comms snapped him out of his thoughts, making him gulp and look back at the cameras.

"S-so am I. Meet you by the jetti." he replied. He saw Y/N nod to herself before she left the room and the shot. Peter sighed, knowing that he had to talk to Y/N when they got back.

Y/N's P.O.V

Peter and I walked off of the jetti and towards the Tower, making me smile as Wanda rushed out to meet us.

"You're okay, thank god." she sighed in relief as she tightly hugged me. I returned the hug and smiled into her hair.

"It was cake, I'm fine." I reassured her. She smiled and bit her lip as she pulled away and cupped my cheek.

"Go shower, you smell." she teased. I laughed and shook my head as I started to head into the building.

"Y/N, wait." I turned around, my smile dipping as Peter jogged towards me.

"Let me guess, you want to tell me how shit and useless I was on the mission." I nodded. He sighed and awkwardly scratched the back of his neck as he looked down.

"No, um...I saw you take that guard out. I saw it over the cameras. I know that you have super strength. You have abilities." he stated as he looked back at me. I sighed and bit my lip as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"I sure hope that an apology is coming." I spoke.

"Definitely, I'm so sorry. I thought that you didn't deserve to be here, I didn't think that you had abilities, and I'm so sorry for that. I was a dick when I had no right to be." he shook his head.

"You were." I agreed, making him sigh and look down.

"But it's okay. We all make mistakes. How about we start afresh?" I suggested. His eyes widened and he looked back up at me.

"Really? You're willing to do that?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure, Peter. It always helps to have a friend on the team. Someone that you can trust." I nodded. He smiled and bit his lip.

"Thanks, Y/N. I appreciate you giving me a second chance." he admitted.

"It's okay, Pete. I'll see you around." I smiled, making him return it as I turned to leave.

~Two months later~

Yawns left my lips, my eyes barely open as I wandered half-awake into the living room. Peter looked up at me from the sofa and chuckled at my state.

"Morning, babe." he spoke as I sat down next to him and immediately rested my head on his shoulder, his arm curling around my waist.

"Hmm." I mumbled tiredly, making him laugh as he kissed my head. Peter and I had become really good friends after he had apologised to me, and after a month of friendship, Peter had asked me out. I had been shocked considering that we'd only been talking again for a month, but I had happily said yes. And so here we were, a month later, and extremely happy with each other.

"What do you want to do today?" Peter mumbled into my hair.

"I want to watch TV and cuddle. Nothing more." I shook my head, making him laugh.

"Sure, angel. We can watch TV and cuddle." he chuckled. I smiled and looked up at him, making him lean down and join our lips. I returned the kiss, holding his face before breaking it. I put my head on his chest and my hand on his stomach, his arm pulling me further into his body as he turned the TV on.