31. Vulnerable.😣

Abhimaan moved here and there in the hall with his one hand on his waist and the other massaging his forehead, trying to control himself. His siblings were not present at that time so only elders and Meera were in the hall.

Meera was sitting with her head low while others stared between Meera and Abhimaan, not knowing what was coming up next.

Meera looked up at her husband whose jaw was clenched and eyes closed while he massaged his forehead. If she wasn't in trouble right now, she must have found him looking tempting at that time. But the situation was actually not in her favour so she again lowered her head.

'Aap bata sakti hain ki aap vahan kya kar rahi thi?' Meera looked up as Abhimaan's harsh and deep voice came to her ears while his fire spitting eyes stared down at her😡 . Abhimaan uses 'aap' for her whenever he is angry with her and it pains Meera whenever he does that. Because it makes her feel like an unknown person.

'Photo dekhne gayi thi.' Meera replied in a low voice and lowered her head again.

'Vo photo meri ijazat se bhi zada zaroori thi!? HAAN?!' He yelled the latter part at her and they all flinched at his tone. Meera nodded negatively.

'TOH PHIR AAP KYU GAYI VAHAN?' he shouted more loudly this time. Meera had nothing to answer. Her vision blurred as she realized how upset she has made him🥺.

'Abhimaan tu kyu usse itna daant raha hai........ho gayi uss se galati. Ab baat khatam karo.' Chachu said.

'Galati?' Abhimaan asked him. 'Galati toh tab hoti na chachu jab inhe pehle se bataya na gaya ho! Jab inhe bataya bhi gaya tha TOH YE VAHAN KYU GAYI.........POOCHIYE INN SE!' Abhimaan shouted while glaring at her. But she just kept her head low.

'Ab Meera ko baat samajh aa gayi hai.......aage se aisa nahi hoga.' Padmini told him while placing a hand on Meera's shoulder. 

'Inhe baat tab tak nahi samajh ayegi jab tak inhe sazza nahi milti!' Abhimaan said with a cold stare at Meera. They all were affraid. Though they trust him that he cannot hurt Meera but they knew that their son 'The ASR' was a cruel punisher. What could he possibly do with Meera?

Abhimaan took her phone from her and put it into his pocket. He told her in a cold tone 'Aapki sazza ye hai ki aap tab tak apne kamre se bahar nahi aayeingi jab mai nahi kahunga.................na aap kamre se bahar aayeingi, na aapse milne koi kamre mein aayega aur na aap kissi se baat kareingi.'

Meera lowered her gaze and nodded.

Meera was lying on her side of the bed with her back towards him. He was sleeping but she was wide awake.............thinking about how she'll make it upto him.

As he had instructed, Meera didn't came out of her room for whole evening and not even for dinner. She was served dinner in the room itself. 

Nearly 12:45 Abhimaan had entered the room, blood dripping down his knuckles. Thank god Meera didn't had the courage to look in his direction because this time the lights were on.

When he came out the washroom in just his trousers, Meera had looked up expecting him to say something but he had just simply ignored her existence.

Now as she was wide awake, she was just feeling an urge to kill herself. Making him upset is always the last thing she wants to do. What will she do now?

Her thoughts got interrupted as she realized that Abhimaan has suddenly started to breathe really fast. He was panting.

'Nahi! Band karo!' he said in a desperate tone. Meera sat up and turned to him. 'Abhimaan?' worriedly looked at him. His eyes were closed but his forehead was wrinkled and he was jerking.

'Please band Karo!' he begged in his sleep. 'Abhimaan kya hua?' she asked while placing her hands on his forehead and chest. He was sweating. 'Inhe toh bohot tez bukhar hai!' Meera exclaimed.

'Please band kar do.....please!' Abhimaan begged with furrowed brows😣. His fever was very high. Meera quickly got up from the bed. 

First she grabbed a towel and cleaned all the sweat from Abhimaan's forehead and his chest. She sat by his side and whispered sweet things to him, while caressing his forehead, his cheek and his chest, to calm him down.

After sometime, Abhimaan's nightmare seemed to have ended but he still shivered with high fever. 

Meera didn't stepped out of her room but she asked one of his men, who was actually doing duty in the corridor, to bring her a bowl of water and some cloth strips. He did as he was told.

Meera dipped one strip in water, squeezed out some water and then placed it on his forehead. She stared at him with worry. Meera knew that today she'll see a different side of him. But she never expected that she'll see his vulnerable side.

He looked so vulnerable today. He was talking about closing something. Was it the door of the temple? Meera's heart winced as she remembered how he was begging to close it. Meera lifted his hand and as she kissed his hand, a tear slipped down her eyes.

The whole night Meera just kept sitting beside him, changing the strips on his forehead. She asked god to burn her alive if she ever caused Abhimaan this much pain again🥺.