When in doubt, ED-it out

It was the next day after Takaoka and Eric fought each other, but it was also the day that all of E-class and the Eds learned the truth about Eric's past. How he got his eye and why he hates the word "freak". 

Needless to say, Eric was very full of emotions that day.

Rage. Frustration. Sadness. Regret. Grief. 

He was just a mess.

But when he was down, The Eds and E-class came in to try and cheer him up. They all went out to dinner to try and cheer him up. Eric tried his best to cheer up. He knew that everyone was trying their hardest to make him feel better but Eric's deep emotions to yesterday still hung heavy in his heart. 

No matter how much he wanted to dismiss them and forget them, it was impossible for him.

Which was why he still was in bed, still feeling down, even with Double D on the other side of his door saying "Come on, Eric. We're going to be late."

"Yea, come on. We'll miss the train again, and I'd rather not have to go through what happened on our second day" said Eddy on the other side.

"Wakey wakey, time for eggs and bakey, Eric" said Ed on the other side.

BAM

"Shut up, monobrow" said Eddy as he bonked Ed on his head.

Double D groaned as he turned the knob and opened the door to Eric's room. The rest followed to see their friend Eric, with a depressed look on his face as he was still in his clothes from last night.

"Eric, you didn't even change out of your clothes. Do you know how unhygienic that is?" exclaimed Double D as he pinched his nostrils together. 

He waited for a response but Eric just kept his face lodged in his pillow. His expression didn't change, even though the Eds only saw half of his face.

"Eric?" asked Eddy.

He waited for a response but all Eric said was "You guys better get going, or you'll miss the train."

This surprised the Eds as they thought he was ready for school but it seemed he wasn't. Though, they already figured what was wrong. It was only yesterday that they learned the truth about their friend, about his past with Akira, and what he had gone through for 6 years until he met them. They knew that it was all hard on him and even though they and E-class spent dinner with him, they didn't do much after that. 

They hoped that that was enough to brighten his spirits but it seems they were wrong. He was still distraught over the whole thing and he was still depressed. 

Eddy wanted to help Eric so he said "Come on, Eric. You can't be serious. You can't let this get you down. If you want, we'll stay until you get...."

"No" interptuped Eric.

This surprised Eddy as he didn't expect a quick response. 

"You guys need to go to school, but I'm not feeling good. Go on and just bring whatever homework Korosensei has for us home for me" mumbled Eric through his pillow.

Double D didn't like seeing Eric said so he also wanted to help as he said "Eric, you can't be..."

"Just go to school. I need some time to myself" interrupted Eric as he turned over on his side and faced the other side of his bed, away from the Eds.

Seeing this made the Eds feel sad. He was their best friend and he had been with them for more than 2 years but they had never seen Eric so depressed before. It hurt them but they didn't know what to do. They had never been in a situation like this before. It was difficult for them to figure out what to do.