Chapter 16.

AMADI

"I'm bored. Kaima is at my mom's." I blurt out the moment she opens her door to my knock.

"Ehen? What do you want me to do about it? Do I look like film that you can watch?" She asks, shrugging.

"But we could do something fun together, baby girl. Say swim?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"No be only swim. Gerrarahere, mehn." She says with rolled eye balls. Both of us stop to stare at each other, no doubt the pool kiss running through our minds.

I clear my throat to ease the sudden tension between us.

"I just realised I didn't have your number." I say to her.

"Yeah yeah. Let me grab my phone and follow you to your house." She shrugs off, going into her house to retrieve her phone and keys.

"Put your number." She unlocks it and hands it over to me. I type it in and dial my phone with her number. Immediately, my phone rings in my pocket.

"Connected for life." I smile.

"Sweet Amadi. Really? You saved your name with that? Problem no dey ever finish o." She laughs, clapping her hands against each other.

"I saved yours as Pretty face." I inform her calmly.

"Aww. You think I'm pretty? Thank you." She happily skips beside me.

"Only a fool will think you aren't." I state, matter of factly as we gradually approach my house.

"Burst my brain o." She grins. I reach for my keys in my pocket.

"The other day you said you play PES. So, games?" I ask her with raised brows.

"Uh, sure." She responds and I smile, opening the door with my keys.

Over the past few months, this is how we have been. Friends. It's refreshing because she's someone I could relate with freely.

We have a bucket list of activities and this happens to be one.  I just pave ways for situations like this to present itself. The reason she didn't decline when I went to hers is because she disturbs me worse.

Shalewa can disturb my sleep just so she can strike out an item off our long bucket list. She is fun and that's one of the things I like about her. For what she has been through, she's one very strong lady. Although, on some instances, I see her shed tears when she thinks nobody is looking or she holes herself in her room, crying in muffled sounds. I hear and see them. I just want to respect her decision and let her be open to me about it when she feels comfortable to.

One would wonder how I don't have her number and she doesn't have mine. We chat via telegram and instagram in times when we don't see each other. It's when I wanted to call and disturb her today that I realized we haven't even exchanged contacts.

"But can we watch the Nun first?" She asks, interrupting my thought.

"You're such a weirdo." I deadpan, dramatically hitting my hand on my head.

"You're such a weirdo." She repeats after me, attempting to mimic my bass voice and even repeats my action.

"I don't speak that way." I say in protest.

"I don't speak that way." She does it again. I know what to do. Wait for my come back, baby girl. The second she stands up, I pull her towards me and start tickling her. Her laughter soon fills the air as she's sitting on my laps.

"You're no fun, Amadi. Someone cannot play with you." She hits my chest playfully while I just stare at the ball of joy sitting on my laps.

"Shalewa, I want to kiss you." I hear myself blurt out.

"But Kaima...You're not picking her?" She stutters. Kaima is staying at my mom's tonight and she knows that.

"Shut up, Shalewa." I pull her body closer to mine.

"Amadi." She calls out and I shut her up with my index finger across her lips.

"Can I?" I ask in a gruff voice.

"Yes." She needs not say it twice. The word is swallowed in as I lean towards her for a kiss.

Warning: Sprinkle some holy water in your eyes henceforth.

Soon, we are tugging on each other's clothes, both struggling to be free of the barrier that lies between us.

I finally take off her shirt and allow my gaze drink in her beauty in amazement. The bra she has on exposes the upper part of her breast and I trail my hands on the top, ensuring that my hand brushes her skin in the process. She straddles my seating position, arching her back and lets out a low moan, all to my pleasure.

I lift her up and take her all the way to my room. I can't risk our first time being on a couch. She's too precious for that.

Taking off her clothes, I trail her skin with wet kisses. Beneath me, I could feel her squirm. She purrs out a moan like the sexy goddess she is, making me harder than before. She assists in taking off my clothes and when the boxer is off, I see her eyes widen in surprise and I smirk.

"Are you sure about this?" I ask her, gently placing her on the bed. She doesn't say a word but nods her head as a permission to go ahead.

Reaching out to my drawer, I pick up protection and tear the wrap, wearing it on me.

"Let me ravish you, baby girl."

AN: Leemao. You thought you'd see some holy water moment? Nahhh. Not yet. Laughing evily😂😂 In Chike's voice: they don't know, they don't know, they don't know what is going on.

The next morning, we are cuddling after the amazing night we had. I smile when snippets for last night plays in my head. Shalewa is not a small woman, so there's no small frame beside mine. It's an adorable one instead. The coconut perfumed cream still scents on her hair as I inhale the flavour.

"Be my girlfriend." I kiss her ears, whispering into it. Immediately, she detached her body from mine and shifts to the far corner of the bed. I shift closer to her and she stands up, taking the sheets with her.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Everything is wrong, Amadi." I am taken aback by her statement. I give a double take at her back that's facing me, even though she could not see me.

"I don't understand." I state. Right now, I am confused and bewildered.

"Why did you ask me to be your girlfriend? Because we had sex? Is that a guarantee that I will date you?" Pain washes through me. I should have just left her alone.

"Really? Okay." There's no need to push further. I thought she wanted me as much as I did her. I guess it was just sexual and nothing more.

"It's okay, Shalewa. I guess I overstepped. We can still be friends, right?" I want to seriously slap myself right now. Why am I still asking this?

"Friends don't sleep each other, Amadi. Or do you go sleeping with other women who are your friends?" Her eyes shoot back, accusingly. I would lie if I say it didn't hurt. It really did. But there's an element of truth in what she said.

I am glad it's just attraction. It will die. I'll give it time. I'm not stupid to be in love with a woman I have known for just a few months now. Even Nnenna that I knew for 3 years before marriage still ended up being a disappointment.

I watch as she quickly clothes herself and walk out. By the time I am done wearing my boxers, alongside her phone and keys, she's gone.

The startling ring of my phone calls my attention. I stomp my feet when the caller's name shows on the display screen.

"Hello, Couz. Miss me?" The tiny voice squeals over the phone.

Trouble!