28

"Do you mind if I stop by? We need to have a little chat."

"Uhm, sure." Techno replied, unease evident in his voice. You felt your heart drop. Tommy.  

"Alright, I'll let you know when I'm almost there.

"Sounds good." 

You waited until Techno shut off his com and you pulled yours off your belt. "Tommy?" You asked, cursing the slight edge of panic in your tone. 

"Yes, what's wrong?

"Look Tommy, Dream is on his way to my house." Techno answered, taking your  hand and dragging you along towards your shared base, both of you sprinting in the direction of your home. 

"I'm at your house!" Tommy shouted, pure terror in his voice. 

"Just stay there Tommy, We'll be there soon-" You spoke, your voice winded and shaky from your frantic pace. 

"How soon is soon?!"

"We're at the village, give us ten minutes!" You let go of the button on your com and you let go of Techno's hand, forcing yourself to run faster, leaving Techno to catch up. His legs may have been longer than yours but you were much more agile than he was. The only thought going through your mind was Tommy, you weren't even focused on his frantic babbling or Techno's unhelpful consoling through the com, you just needed to get home and figure out where the hell to hide him. 

You managed to get home rather quickly, your chest heaving as you struggled to breathe and you threw open the door to see Tommy, wide eyed and panicked in the middle of the room. "Where's Techno?!" Tommy asked. 

"He's still running here just-" You struggled to catch your breath. "Calm down, we aren't letting him find you." 

"But what if he does?!" 

"He won't, I promise." You assured, closing the door behind you. 

The door swung open behind you a minute later, causing Tommy to shriek and duck behind you and you turned to see Techno, his chest heaving as he looked around. "Dream said he's five minutes out, give me your armor." He told Tommy. 

Said boy's eyes widened, a look of fear on his face that broke your heart and Techno shook his head. "I misspoke, Take your armor off." 

"But what if he sees me? I'll be dead in an instant!" 

"He won't see you if you do exactly as I say, alright?" 

Tommy nodded, obviously terrified. Techno began looking for a place for him to hide down in the lower floor or the basement where Tommy's To-Do list sat painfully obvious on the wall. He covered the hole to Tommy's base with the pieces of the rock that once hid it and called it good, unless you really looked it was hardly obvious. 

While Techno was downstairs Tommy had managed to scrounge up an invis potion from one of the chests upstairs and he threw it up, planning to have it splash him, but instead it managed to hit you. 

"How did you miss?!" You shouted. 

"I don't know!" Tommy shouted back. 

Techno came up from under the floor and he sighed heavily, shaking his head. "Calm down." He hissed. 'You-" He pointed at you. "Figure out how to get rid of your invis, You-" He pointed at Tommy. "Stop panicking." 

You disappeared downstairs to try and figure out your invis problem while Techno continued calming Tommy down and figuring out the current issue. He opened the chest Tommy had gotten the invis potion from and he let out a soft grumble. "Where is the last invis potion?!"