30

A little note the majority of this chapter is fluff! Though you will get Darling's backstory in this and how she first met Techno when they were young and it's kind of dark. I'm a big Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood fan and some of her backstory was drawn from that (If you've seen the anime(s) you'll know about Nina and that's kinda where this was drawn from, if you look it up it's really dark just warning you) We're also like 2 vods away from the 2nd festival so get ready for angst and also more ender boy!

Having Phil around was nice. He helped the three of you out a lot, whether it be going to the village while you went to L'manberg with more wolves, adding little things to make life easier and even going so far as to cook dinner most nights, and he kept Tommy fairly occupied while you and Techno struggled to figure out Christmas gifts. Even if Tommy wasn't in L'manberg anymore that didn't mean that he wasn't going to get a christmas present. 

Techno had spent a couple of days searching, going into caves and killing creepers until he'd managed to get a disc to give Tommy. It was one called Wait. You didn't think Tommy had it, so you both hoped he liked it. He'd also went out of his way to enchant a turtle shell helmet for Tommy. You on the other hand had been working tirelessly on sewing him a cloak like the ones you, Techno and Phil wore. A light blue, heavy cloak the edges and the inside lined with thick fur to keep him warm and the insignia that the three of you wore carefully embroidered into the back of it like it was on yours. You hoped he liked it. The two of you had also gotten gifts for Phil, though he'd assured you he didn't want anything. 

You'd also gotten something for Techno. You'd went to Phil about it. What was there to get a man who basically had everything he wanted? Phil had assure you he would like anything you gave him, which was true, but that didn't mean the present had to be something he would expect.  He had jewelry, his hands and ears were adorned with gold, emeralds, rubies and other types of gems. He had books and riches, what did the man need? Then it hit you. That could work, you just needed time. 

You managed to talk Phil into taking Techno on a trip into the nether, telling him he needed netherite and quartz as a way to keep him busy for the day while you went off and set up what you needed for your gift. The one thing Techno could possibly need was to relax. He was always tense, always on edge. Even when he knew the two of you were safe and sound he'd only let his guard down for so long before he'd hear a noise and then he'd be on alert for the rest of the evenings. 

You managed to find a small cave in a mountain east past the mountain the secret room of withers laid. The cave was mossy, vines and such hanging from the ceiling but it was tall enough for Techno to stand completely upright and large enough for what you had planned. You cleaned the place up a bit, hanging soul lanterns from chains on the ceiling to light the place up and you managed to make a table and chairs out of spruce that was big enough for the two of you. You fenced the area off, just so no unwanted creatures managed to get inside and you'd even brought out the jukebox that had been tucked away as well as the first disc you'd listened to with him. Chirp. You cooked dinner for the two of you, potato soup, which you knew he enjoyed and you'd even baked some cookies and bread, something you hadn't done since you'd left L'manberg. You knew Christmas was technically tomorrow, but you wanted this to be for just the two of you. A moment of reprieve from the constant onslaught of stress that was thrown at you. The little moments you shared when you were being taught piglin, or just sitting in the early mornings were nice but they were nice, but they were fleeting, maybe two hours at most and even then you were forced to be quiet and cautious so you wouldn't startle the others awake. 

You'd even pulled out the dress that you'd had tucked away that you never wore, wanting to wear something different for the occasion. You hated dresses, but you had to admit that the dress you owned made you feel pretty. Niki had made it to fit you perfectly. Phil said they would be home by sundown, which gave you plenty of time to prepare and change into your dress. You felt odd in it It was simple black satin dress, it was long, barely scraping the ground as you walked. It was an off the shoulder dress that had sleeves that looked almost like wings. They were loose and flowy, falling past your hands. There was a gold trim around the neckline and the edges of the fabric. You were surprised it still fit, and you were surprised that you liked the way you looked in it. It felt too fancy, but you didn't really have anything else aside from shirts and pants made of thick fabric as well as your usual vest, cloak or capelet, nothing like this.