15

"Wilbur Soot." Schlatt's voice echoes in the dimly lit night and it pulls both you and Techno from your stupor. You don't have time to feel embarrassed, the two of you break away from each other and run back towards the podium. You don't have a shield but you don't care enough to be worried. 

The two of you ender pearl the rest of the way when you're close enough to see Wilbur's familiar trench coat and the two of you stand on either side of him. Techno has his shield raised, protecting him from Purpled while you hold your sword in a defensive position, protecting Wilbur from Punz. Punz is menacing where he stands and the memory of his sword piercing your skin makes you queasy but you don't have time to dwell on it as Wilbur speaks next to you. 

"Hello, Schlatt." He looks up at the President and his tone is one of disbelief. "You... actually murdered them." 

"Yeah," Schlatt agrees. "I mean, you actually let them do that. I mean, Wilbur, I took you as a shitty leader but I didn't think you'd aid and abet Tubbo and Y/n in this two-faced scheme. I mean, it's kind of... naive and I'm kind of upset about it. Tubbo was uh, he was a good friend of mine, or so I thought, he put together this whole festival and uh, I know what he's been doing behind my back the whole time. and Y/n, Little lamb-"

"Don't call me that." You snap, meeting his malicious gaze with one of anger. You felt rage burn in the pit of your stomach, it would be so easy to kill him, so worth it but, now wasn't the time to act on your rage. You didn't have to deal with him taunting you with that name anymore which was the only good thing to come out of this. 

"You were quite a sight to see around here if you know what I mean." Schlatt chuckled. You shuddered in disgust at the suggestion. You felt like you needed to scrub his gaze away, scrub until your skin was red and agitated and then scrub some more until no memory of his gaze remained. 

"just, If you're going to kill anyone else kill me. Don't kill anyone else here." Wilbur says, holding his chin up with pride, fully prepared to be struck down. 

"Yeah, yeah lover boy." Schlatt drawls, annoyed. "I've had enough outta your mouth, I'm not gonna kill anyone else I mean, do I look like a bad guy? Do I look like a bad guy to you?"

The silence speaks for itself and Schlatt scoffs, shaking his head in disbelief. "Well I was going to say we can just continue with the festivities but I mean if your stomachs all queasy from seeing a couple of people die then I suppose you can get lost. You show up on the day of my festival celebrating my great country and you start crying."

"Well it sounded like you were going to kill another person." Wilbur spits. "You sounded like you were going to go after Niki."

"Well I was only gonna murder Y/n and Tubbo. They were the only people... well, I mean Niki... Y'know what? I might murder Niki. Fundy? Give me some arrows." Schlatt pulls his bow off of his back and grins maliciously. 

"Niki, run, Niki run!" Wilbur exclaims, his tone urgent as he pulls out his sword. 

"Alright, here we go!" Schlatt roars from the stage. Wilbur began to run away from the stage and you watch arrows whizz by as Niki ran in the crowd. Punz attacks you with his sword, and you block, shifting to try and push him off balance. It works for a moment, sending him stumbling back. You unhook a poison potion from your belt and threw it on him, the glass bottle shattering as the greenish liquid splattered on him. You saw Techno splashing potions as well, attacking the mob that chased after Wilbur. 

You threw another pearl, teleporting behind Bad and splashing him with another poison potion, getting him off Wilburs trail. You ran back to the docks, frantically looking for Techno. You caught sight of his hair over the barrels and you leapt over the stack of them that hid you from sight, running up to him "We need to go, we need to meet up with them in Pogtopia."