16

The song used in this chapter is called Calico Skies by Paul Mccartney. Listening to it made me think of these two and I couldn't  stop thinking about how well it fit so here we are :D

Techno took your hand as he led you out of Pogtopia. Wilbur was left on his own and Tommy was with Tubbo and Niki talking things out. Techno was leaning on you rather heavily on the trek back to his base. He was exhausted from the events of the now previous day. Your clothes were still damp, your coat heavy on your shoulders. The sun was now over the trees, warming the cold air slightly. The sound of cows from the farm filled the rather quiet air as the two of you made your way past it. You needed to talk things out but for now you wanted to get Techno home and taken care of before that conversation was had. 

the water was freezing on your legs as the two of you stepped into it and both of you were pulled into the vortex that was the elevator down into his base. The lanterns were still lit in his base, illuminating the small space rather nicely. It was a comforting space. It smelt of him and you could smell the faintest hint of smoke from the potions he had brewed. It was comforting, his base felt safe, it felt like you could breathe here unlike Manberg where you felt constricted, you always had someone breathing down your neck, always someone to watch you no matter where you were. 

"Here." Your voice is soft as you lead Techno to his bed and making him sit down. "Where do you keep your med packs?" You ask. You carefully unclip the pin that held your coat in place and shuck the still wet piece of clothing off your shoulders. You set it on top of the crafting bench and you peel your armor off as well, setting it next to your coat so your clothes could dry. 

"They're in the bottom chest." Techno answers. You can feel his gaze on you as you set your last pieces of armor. You clip the pin to your vest and you kneel down, digging through the disorganized chest to find a stack of medpacks underneath the rest of his items. 

"Aha!" You hum as you pull one of the small packs out of the chest. You make your way over to Techno after you find a small roll of cloth in the chest as well. You move the pail of water that was half full next to the brewing stands closer to you so you can dip the cloth in it to clean the blood off of him.  You carefully settle between his legs, giving him a small smile as he looks up at you. You can see the tiredness in his eyes and your heart aches. 

"I can take care of this, Darlin'." Techno assures, his voice is lower than normal, his drawl slowed by his exhaustion. 

"Just let me take care of you, Tech." You rip off a piece of cloth and dip it into the water, squeezing out the excess. He doesn't argue with you. He just lets you take his face in your hand and gently clean the dried blood off his face. You're much more gentle than he is when he tends to his own wounds. You hum quietly as you work and Techno's eyes slip closed as he lets you tend to him. When he's completely cleared of blood you open the medpack and cover the cut on his face with a bandage. "Techno." You tap on his cheek lightly and he lets out a quiet grumble in discontent. "Technoblade." You raise your voice slightly, speaking in your normal tone instead of the gentle tone you were using earlier. 

His eyes open slightly and he lets out a tired "hmm?" You smile, laughing softly as you shake your head. "You can't sleep in your armor or your clothes because they're still wet and you're limping so I at least need to bandage your knee." 

Techno sighs heavily and you step away so he can stand up. He steps into the enchantment area and back into a room just behind the bookshelves. You clean up the mess you've made and you put the bucket back where it was and place the medpack in its chest. You hear armor falling carelessly to the floor and you chuckle quietly, fondly. 

No more than a few moments pass and Techno limps his way into the main area where his bed is. He's in a simple white shirt and some grey pants that hang low on his waist. His hair fell in a mess of waves and curls around his face, his braid no longer in place and he plopped down on his bed with a low groan.