9

"Dream."

Your greeting was cold as ice. You watched his familiar ceramic smile bore into the very depths of your soul like it was reading you from the inside out. He stepped over to the opposite side of the fire, the flame casting an eerie glow, illuminating the glowing black armor and the axe that peeked over his broad shoulder. The potions on his waist swirled in their bottles, shimmering in the light. Strength, poison, regeneration and another you couldn't name.

He said your name tauntingly, "no need to be so cold." He chastised, taking a seat on the log across from you. "Have a seat. We need to talk."

You continued to stand, stirring the pot in front of you "I'm busy, if that wasn't apparent to you."

He didn't question you, nor did he demand you sit much to your surprise. He rested his elbows on his knees, his hands together in front of his mask, gaze pointed at the fire. "Schlatt is wondering where you've gone." He tells you.

You scoff, crossing your arms over your chest. "Why does he care? Is he waiting for my taxes?"

Dream chuckled, dropping his hands and looking up at you instead of the bubbling pot of soup. "Possibly but, he wasn't thrilled to find you missing. He knows Technoblade is here. He says Techno's been paid, that he's a spy that's going to tear your friends apart from the inside."

You bite your tongue to hide your shock, furrowing your brows to keep your eyes from widening. "Technoblade?" You ask dumbly.

"I know you know him, Y/n." Dream deadpans. "I know that he's an old friend of yours." He leaned closer and you can hear the taunting tone in his voice. "Piece of advice, assume I know everything. I know that Tommy and Techno are hidden in that underground ravine, I know that you and Techno were once friends and that doesn't really matter because I'm on your side." His voice lowers, the grin in his voice fading. "I don't like that Schlatt wants to expand into my kingdom. He thinks he's powerful and I want your little group to prove to him he isn't."

"Why should I believe you?" You retort, crossing your arms over your chest and taking a step back.

"Why would I lie?" He asked. "What good would it do me?"

"I don't know your motives." You retort. You want to look back at the door just to be sure it's closed, hidden and sealed. You pray neither of the two step outside to see this exchange. "Maybe you just want them to tear each other apart."

"Oh I do." Dream confided honestly. "but I want to be the one to do that." Dream claps his hands together, the sound making you flinch. "That reminds me. I have some things for you, if that helps prove my honesty."

You tilt your head up in a question, your mind is spinning, your chest hurts with the possibility that Techno could be against you. He was powerful, stronger than you and Tommy as much as you hated to admit it. Schlatt had an army of people fighting for him and if Techno was one of them this would be a losing battle.

Dream pulled a satchel into view, tossing it to you. You caught it clumsily, looking at him dumbly it felt heavy. He gestured for you to open it, standing up from where he sat across from you. You opened the satchel. Inside was a soft glowing light. An enchanted golden apple. There was a pouch of regular golden apples, a set of potions similar to the ones he had on his hip and a single netherite ingot.

Dream's head turned to the hill your base was hidden in, his shoulders tensing. "They're coming up. Tell no one of this meeting." He warned just before he disappeared into the woods. You slid the satchel onto your person, hiding it under your capelet. The weight of it felt like it was crushing you, the knowledge you held was terrifying, especially if it was true.