Chapter 17

Captain Levi shot the acoustic shell which made everyone cover their ears. Levi ordered the squad to simply keep going on horseback. Everyone understood but where still oblivious to the situation. Eren and Levi were the only ones who had a rough idea of what Commander Erwin was doing. Eren could not help but look back from time to time. Each time he did, he saw soldiers getting swatted away or getting crushed. Eren was getting frustrated that he could not do anything. He could not disobey orders.

"Eren, keep your eyes on the road ahead!" Petra said.

Eren nodded and did as he was told. As they continued to traverse the forest, Eren remember what Captain Levi told him about his Titan Power.

*Start Flashback*

"Good news, there might be a way to stop you without killing you..." Levi said.

"In your Titan form. We may have some middle ground after all, a failsafe if you will. The method I came up with will only leave you mutilated. Well, at least in theory, it depends more on individual skill. Basically, we cut the entire nape from the body with you inside. This will sever both your arms and legs halfway down in the process, but you will survive. As a matter a fact, they will probably just grow back lizard style, creepy little bastard." Levi stated.

"I see. Then I should be prepared if I lose control that is." Eren said.

"So, I can start doing experiments on him?" Hanji asked.

"We can't afford not to run test. So, yes you are good." Levi said.

"Eren, I know that you're still a mystery to yourself, but we learn as we go. Knowledge is always worth the risk." Hanji said with creepy look on her face.

*Time Skip*

Eren was in a well ready to do some experiments, which were being led by Hanji.

"Are you ready down there, Eren? When we are good to begin, I will fire off a smoke signal. What happens after is entirely up to you." Hanji shouted down the well.

"Right." Eren shouted back.

The signal was then fired and Eren bit his hand repeatedly, but nothing happened.

"Huh, did he not see the signal?" Hanji asked.

"No, it is just that unreliable. But the brat also said that a self-inflicted injury is not the only way to transform." Levi said.

Hanji and Levi both were on their horses and went to the well where Eren is at.

"Hey, Jaeger! We are calling it quits for now." Levi shouted down the well.

"What happened?" Hanji asked.

Eren looked up blood was dripping from his mouth.

"I can't transform." Eren said.

"Sounds like the theory you came up with might be right." Levi said in his usual bored look.

*Time Skip*

Levi Squad was outside sitting around a table drinking tea.

"So, the bite wounds on your hand aren't healing, either?" Levi asked.

"No." Eren said

"If that the case, then sealing Wall Maria is completely off the table." Levi said.

"Transform... that is an order." Levi said coldly.

"Yes, sir." Eren said in a calm manner.

"Don't let it put you down, Eren." Eld said.