Chapter 15

*Time Skip*

The Survey Corps was gathered in front of a gate ready to set out on their expedition. Eren was with Squad Levi waiting for the expedition to be started.

"Thirty seconds until we open the gates!" a higher-up yelled.

Eren felt as if someone was watching him so he turned to see two children admiring at the Survey Corps through a small window.

"It's the Survey Corps! They call the emblem on their back the Wings of Freedom! So cool..." the children said.

Eren could not help but smile at the innocent children.

"It's time!" a higher-up yelled.

The gates were then opened, and the Survey Corps moved out. The support team made quick work of the Titans that were in the area. Soon the Survey Corps was in a field and were ordered to form the formation they were told of.

Reiner, Jean, and Armin parted ways and made their way to the position they were assigned to. Armin was by himself. He was scared somewhat paranoid that a Titan was keeping watch on him. Armin then heard a smoke signal being shot and turned to see a red smoke signal, which means that a Titan has been spotted. Meanwhile, Sasha was in her part of the formation which had no Titans in sight. That was until one seemingly came out of nowhere and started to chase Sasha. Sasha got scared and started to panic as she tried to fire a red smoke signal but dropped it on floor and the Titan then crushed it. Luckily, there was a soldier nearby which fired the round for her.

Armin was riding along keeping an eye out for any smoke signals but there were none. Armin started to get paranoid. Armin then heard a shot go off and turned to see a black smoke signal, which meant an Aberrant has been spotted. Squad Leader Ness was with
another soldier named Sys. Ness and Sys had no other choice but to fight it and did not break a sweat killing it. Ness and Sys got back on their horses ready to get back in formation but then heard the stomps of a Titan, they turned to see a Titan. Ness and Sys then went to attack the Titan, but both failed miserably as they were both swatted away like flies.

Armin was watching from a far and was horrified.

"No... No. That is no Aberrant. It is intelligent! Like the Armored or Colossal Titans, or even Eren. That is a human in a Titan body! But who? This is bad! What can I even do?!" Armin said in a panic.

The titan was getting closer and closer to Armin with each step. Armin decided to let go of the spare horse he had but it got crushed. Armin then looked up to see the foot of the Titan about to step on him. Everything felt like it was in slow motion for Armin but the Titan with its other foot thrusted itself forward to where it would not crush Armin. The impact of the stomp still sent Armin straight to the floor where Armin thought he would meet his demise. The titan reached out for Armin but only lifted his hood to see who it was. Armin looked at the Titan dead in the eye and noticed that the Titan had a smile on its face. The Titan then let go of Armin and began to run away. Leaving Armin completely paralyzed in fear.

"Armin!" Reiner shouted.

"Reiner!" Armin responded.

"Hey, can you stand? You won't last outside the walls unless you are on horseback..." Reiner stated.

"Right!" Armin said as he stood up.

Armin then got on the spare horse Reiner had with him and began riding back to the formation.

"I saw the smoke signaling an Aberrant. Was it that one over there with the nice ass?" Reiner asked.

"That's no Aberrant...It's a human inside a Titan body!" Armin stated.