Chapter 8

*Time Skip*

Eren woke up and was in Armin's arms in a courtyard. Mikasa was in front of them with her blades out. Eren looked around to see a cannon pointed at them and three squads on guard.

"Eren, are you okay?" Armin asked.

"Yeah."

"Can you stand?" Armin asked.

Eren simply stood up. Eren walked up beside Mikasa to see what was going on.

"Trainee Jaeger. As well as Trainees Ackerman and Arlert. You three have committed an act of treason. We will kill you where you three stand!" Captain Wellman said

"If you attempt to lie to us or make any sudden movements, we will fire an HE Projectile at you immediately. We will not hesitate!" Captain Wellman followed up.

"Now, answer me at once. What are you!? Are you a man? Or Titan?" Captain Wellman asked Eren.

"What kind of question is that? What do I look like to you?" Eren said.

"Damn it, don't you dare be smart ass with me boy!" Captain Wellman yelled

"I'll asked once more. Are you human or titan?" Captain Wellman questioned once more.

Everyone was now looking at Eren, even Armin and Mikasa. Eren looked down thinking on how to answer his question. He knew that if he answered either or, he would still shoot. Eren simply sighed and looked at Captain Wellman.

"To be completely honest with you, I do not really know but, I know the answer you want to hear so I'll just give to you... I'm a monster." Eren said coldly.

"Nowhere left to run, huh? You damn monster. I cannot believe we let such filth infiltrate Wall Rose. Even if you are trainees given to us by the King, safest course of action is to kill you three this instant." Wellman said.

"Excuse you, but if you want to kill Eren, you will have to go over my dead body to do so. My specialty is tearing through flesh. If anyone is feeling up to the task, I'll gladly demonstrate my own technique." Mikasa coldly.

"Mikasa don't. Where will we run inside these walls?" Armin asked.

"I don't care who I must fight. I won't let them kill Eren." Mikasa answered coldly.

Eren was just standing thinking of ways to get them out of here alive.

"I'm sick and tired of wasting time on you monsters. You will all die... NOW!" Wellman yelled as he signaled them to launch the attack. Mikasa  grabbed Eren and started running. Everything was moving in slow motion for Eren, but it hit him. Eren got himself out of Mikasa's grasp, grabbed Armin, and got both of them behind him. The cannonball was then fired and Eren without any hesitation, bit his hand and summoned the skeleton of his Titan. Everyone in the area was scared at the sight.

Everyone was alerted by the smoke cloud that appeared. Reiner, Annie, Bertholdt, and Jean went to where the smoke came from and were just as shocked as everyone else. Captain Wellman was scared out of his mind.

"Just looked at the damn thing." Wellman said scared.

"None of you get close. It's too dangerous just remain on high alert." Wellman ordered.

Armin and Mikasa were inside a large cloud of smoke inside the ribs of the Titan. Eren got out of his titan and went toward the two.

"W-What...happened? The last thing I remember hearing was a cannon being fired... and then there was a horrible sound, a shockwave, and heat... are we inside a giant skeleton-" Armin said but was interrupted by Mikasa.