Chapter 3

*2 Years Later*

"The 104th Cadet Corps. Boot Camp starts now! I'm your drill sergeant, Keith Shadies and I don't plan on giving one of you maggots a warm welcome!" Keith shouted.

Everyone had their hands behind their back while Keith yelled at them in front of their faces. Eren stood still and did not really care that Keith was screaming at everyone.

"WHO ARE YOU?" Keith yelled.

"I'M ARMIN ARLERT FROM SHINGANSHINA SIR!"

"YEAH? THAT IS A STUPID NAME, DID YOUR PARENTS GIVE YOU THAT NAME?"

"NO. IT WAS MY GRANDFATHER, SIR."

"ARLERT, WAS IS A PUNNY LITTLE RUNT LIKE YOU DOING HERE?"

"I'M HERE TO AID HUMANITY AGAINST THE TITANS, SIR."

"THAT IS GOOD TO HERE. YOU'LL MAKE A GOOD MEAL FOR THE TITANS, ROW 3, ABOUT FACE!"

Keith yelled at everyone and until he got to Sasha Braus who just eating a potato. Keith looked at her shocked.

"You want some, I can give you half." Sasha said to Keith.

"Half?... RUN LAPS UNTIL I TELL YOU TO STOP, NOW!!" Keith yelled.

*Time Skip*

Everyone was in the mess hall eating. It was the firs t day of the Cadet Corps so everyone was getting know each other.

"Poor Sasha. Keith had her running all day." Connie said.

"Yeah, the first days are something else" Eren said.

"Isn't she from Dauper? I heard it was a hunting village far from here." Connie said.

Eren then saw a wagon full of people. 

"What's that wagon for?"

"It's for the dropouts. They are the ones that prefer to work in the field. Honestly, not for me." Mina explained.

"But it's only the first day though." Armin said shocked.

" I take it they didn't like it based on first impressions. Oh well, guess we can't stop them now." Eren said.

Everyone looked at Eren with curiosity.

"What do you all want?" Eren said somewhat annoyed since everyone had their eyes drawn to him.

"Where are you from Eren? I know where everyone used to live so what about you?" Marco asked.

Eren looked down remembering the tragedies that happened back home. Eren sighed and spoke.

"I'm from Shinganshina." Everyone grew shocked and everyone started to ask Eren questions.

"Did you see the Colossal Titan?!" a soldier shouted.

"Of course I did who wouldn't have missed the giant thing." Eren said trying not to get angry by the number of questions coming his way. Armin and Mikasa could sense that Eren was getting somewhat impatience.

"What did he look like?" a soldier asked. Eren sighed

"It was around 60 meters tall and had no skin." Eren said

"What about the Armored Titan?" another soldier asked.

"It was 15 meters tall and had plates of armor everywhere on its body." Eren said.

"What other kinds of Titans did you see?" Eren just stayed quiet. He then stood and got ready to leave.

"No more questions."

"What, are you scared, Jaeger?" Jean said mocking Eren. Eren simply gave Jean a weird look as he walked up to Eren.

"Hey man, I'm just trying to lighten up the mood.". Eren understood and walked away. Mikasa followed after Eren but was stopped by Jean.

"Uh...hey." 

Mikasa just looked at Jean with a dead look on her face.

"H-Hey, I-I just want to say t-that... you have pretty black hair.". Jean said stuttering.

"Thanks" Mikasa said not caring.

Mikasa caught up with Eren.

"Hey, Eren. How do you feel?"

"I'm fine Mikasa, I just needed some fresh air, and I have a suggestion." Eren said.

"What is it, Eren?" Mikasa asked curiously.

"You should cut your hair." Eren said as he twirled a strand of Mikasa's hair around his finger.

"How come?" Mikasa questioned while grabbing a strand of her hair.

"Think about it, we are in 3DMG most of the time, and you are training or fighting Titans and suddenly some of your hair blocks you vision and go headfirst into a building or tree and end up badly injured or even worse, dead. That is something that I don't want to happen." Eren explained.

"Okay, thank you for the suggestion, but how short should I cut it?" Mikasa asked.

The conversation faded as they both walked away. Jean was looking at them and grew very jealous of Eren. Connie soon walked outside, and Jean wiped the back of his shirt.

"What the hell man, what did you wipe on my shirt?" Connie asked as he was trying to reach what Jean wiped on him.

"My faith in humanity." Jean said coldly.

*Time Skip: Morning*

Everyone was doing 3DMG test. It was a balance test to see if the person could keep good balance while flying. Mikasa was a natural at it. Armin was hanging in there. Jean was struggling at first but soon adapted. Eren was barely even struggling and noticed that his 3DMG had a broken clasp. Keith noticed that his 3DMG was broken and was impressed on how well Eren kept his balance. Eren then sighed and let himself fall, but caught himself before hitting the ground. Everyone looked at Eren. He then stood up, took off his gear, and went toward Keith.

"Commandant, my gear is broken." 

Keith inspected Eren gear and was surprised at Eren's knowledge of the gear.

"It is indeed broken, great spot, Jaeger." Keith said.

Everyone was shocked at Eren's skill. Mikasa was the most impressed. The fact that Eren's gear was broken and was able maintain himself in the air was quite impressive.

*Time Skip*

Everyone was in the mess hall eating their food while talking about the 3DMG tests. Eren, Armin, and Mikasa were sitting together talking about what happened today.

"Eren, how did you know your gear was broken?" Armin questioned.

"It just didn't feel right." Eren simply said.

"Well, you surely impressed everyone there, including Keith." Armin said.

"Seems like it." Eren said.

The trio continued to eat in peace. Mikasa then spoke.

"Eren, it doesn't matter how deter-" Mikasa said before being cut off by the bell ringing. Eren looked up and everyone soon left the mess hall until it was only Mikasa and Eren in there.

"I was saying that it doesn't matter how determined you are, you are always in the face of danger. I'll go wherever you go." Mikasa said.

Eren looked Mikasa dead in the eye. He grabbed her hand softly stroked it with his thumb.

"Mikasa, I'd be more than glad to have you with me." Eren said not breaking eye contact. Mikasa gasped. She was left speechless. Eren then got up taking her with him.

"Let's go get some rest Mikasa, we are going to need it."