When the boy drops his jaw in complete shock and turns his attention over to the unused dusty whipped cream machine you gently snort and let out a small giggle, your head shaking back and forth in light disbelief.

He's kind of cute.

"Eh...that would make sense why I tried ten cans and all of them exploded..."

Continuing your giggles and turning on the coffee machines you throw your apron over your head and give Shuka a smile, your fingers pointing at the buttons and lights on top of the appliance.

"I'll help you make the coffees Shuka, if you would like you can watch me and hand the coffees to the customers?"

"Wow, what a great idea! Okay I'll do that! Let's work well together!"

Bowing down again in another perfect angle your eyes widen when he smacks his head on the side of the counter, his hands flying to his forehead as he lets out a small squeak.

"Ah...ow..."

"Um...You don't have to worry about bowing here Shuka...it's a bit of a small area...ah it's all red..."

Shaking your head and turning towards the machine again you feel Shuka walk up beside you, his form towering over you so much your head is barely level with the bottom of his rib cage.

Goodness...he's very tall...

Piper was kind of tall too....maybe in Japan they're very tall people.

It'll be nice having a coworker again...sometimes it was lonely making coffee all by myself...I got used to Piper being with me...

At...at least...people are being nicer....

Maybe things won't be like they were before...maybe they'll be better...because I'm a new person now...Jimin has helped me come out of my shell a bit...

Maybe I'll actually enjoy going to school...

....................................

"Wow Y/N-Chan, you're a coffee genius!"

"Chan?"

"Ah...In Japan we use Chan after names for girls...I-it's like your honorifics you all use here...I'm so used to using them...my apologies..."

"No! It's fine Shuka! What...What do you use for boys?"

"Girls use Kun or San...after boys names usually..."

"....Then I should call you Shuka-Kun?"

"Y-You dont h-have t-to!"

Widening your eyes when the boys face erupts in another deep blush and he covers his red tinted cheeks with his hands you shut the coffee machine down, your expression threaded with light confusion.

Piper never talked about Japan too much...she told me about her family but never about this stuff...

He looks really uncomfortable though...I couldn't imagine having to be in a whole different country with a different language...

....I can barely imagine going into the grocery store by myself....no way. Jimin has to go with me so I can sit in the cart.

"Can I call you Shuka-Kun?"

"O-Only if you want to...you don't have to though..."

Grinning at the boy while setting the whipped cream cans back into the freezer door Shuka holds open you tenderly sling your bag over your shoulder, your eyes rounding with warmth at the male beside you.

Well then I'll call you that from now on...

"What...Wh-What class do you have first Y/N-Chan?"

"Mmmm Chemistry, what about you?"

"Ah! I have Chemistry too! W-Would I be able to accompany you?..."

"Oh...I have to walk really slow up the stairs...you would probably end up late..."

"That's okay! I don't have a lot of friends here and this is only my second day...so I'm still getting used to things...only if you want me to though! If you don't that's okay!"

Pushing your lips up into a smile and letting out another giggle at Shuka's nervous shouting you shake your head and turn off the coffee shop lights, the two of you making your way out to the cafeteria area amongst the other students.

"You can walk with me if you want Shuka-Kun....it just will take me a while to get up the stairs..."

"That's fine! If you need to we can stop if you get tired, so just let me know."

Nodding lightly at the tall figure brightly grinning beside you your hands slowly move to wrap around the straps of your backpack secured on your shoulders, your heart lifted in a newfound lightness opposite of the dread you had before school.

This...is kind of nice....having someone to walk with that isn't Minnie...

This isn't what I thought today was gonna be like at all...not only did I get here and everyone was excited about me coming back.....

But...I made a new friend too....

How wonderful....

(A/N): :3 You can thank my bestie Adara for Shuka 😤 she helped me come up with his name when I was hitting a brick wall 😤

And yes, Shuka is a soft boi, and he's extremely socially awkward so get ready for those adorable interactions 😤

So, here's what Shuka looks like, plus his outfit of the day :3