"Sorry, just meeting the friends. They've heard of your greatest feats from when you were in school." Pablo reported humorously.

"It was one of the first things they mentioned when I met them." Taiga added.

"Well then, they know that if they mess with you, they mess with us." Diego said.

"How scary." Rafael teased.

Diego glared at him before starting the car and beginning the drive home.

"So, what are their names, when did you meet them and do they think we're the best brothers in the world?" Rafael queried.

"They think I'm lucky to have five brothers, I met them on the first day and their names are Aurelia, Gray and Reid."

"Wait, boys?" Diego growled.

"Focus on the road, perrito. She's allowed to have boys that are friends as long as they're not boyfriends." Rafael spoke. "Sorry, sis' but you're too young for that yet."

"I don't want one yet anyway."

"Good luck with when you do want one. That kid will scare anyone away." Pablo pointed at Diego.

"I ain't no kid - I'm nineteen."

"You act like a five year old." Rafael countered.

"Oh yeah? If I'm a five year old then you're a foetus."

"C'mere you-"

"Boys," Pablo intervened, "can you not fight whilst driving?"

The brothers in the front of the car grumbled whilst Pablo shot an exasperated look towards Taiga making her laugh.

It wasn't long until they fell into a comfortable silence but that just made it easier for Taiga to think. Just as she had begun to feel safe, Jason appeared and burst her bubble of happiness. If she kept it to herself, the same thing that had happened to Diego could happen again but if she told anyone, Jason would automatically see them as a threat and try to harm them.

Once again, it was her or her brothers.

As disheartening as it was, it was one decision she would make over and over again. She only hoped that one day, she wouldn't feel so segregated from them and instead of it being 'her and her brothers' it would just be 'them'.

All of them.

Together.

It didn't take long for them to arrive back home where they all spilled out of the car before racing inside. Miguel greeted Rafael and Diego as they stormed into the kitchen and began raiding the cupboards.

"Nice to see you too, boys." Miguel commented sarcastically at the animals that were now stuffing their faces. "If you go get changed I'll have the dinner ready for when you come back." He offered to Taiga to which she nodded.

As she wandered upstairs, so did her mind. Knowing Jason, he could strike at anytime but she was tired of constantly looking over her shoulder. He wanted to keep her caged like an animal, he wanted her to always be paranoid about his whereabouts, he wanted to consume her.

Surrendering was the last thing she wanted to do but how was she supposed to fight back? If he had escaped even the police's custody, he could definitely come for her brothers.

"Taiga?" A voice broke her out of the trail of never ending possibilities. "Could I speak to you for a second?" Leonardo asked, standing in her doorway.

"Sure."

He observed her like an eagle, making her squirm under his watchful gaze. As he sat down, she couldn't help but find humor in the stark contrast between the 6'3 man on a chair for a twelve year old.