Love. It's not easy. - Welcome to Japan! She's there too?

****FORWARD****

 "Love is the condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own." ~Robert Heinlein

I've always wanted to ask questions about love.What if there's two people? What if they can only be happy when you chose one person to love, with that person being them? What if the choice you make depends on their happiness?

I don't think I can say I'm entirely happy with the choices I've made in the past two years. Now as I'm 22, I have realized that I cannot express how sorry I am to the others I upset, the friends I've lost or the parents that saw their daughter lost in her own thoughts that become reality. Should I regret the feelings I felt, the fun I had, and that little trip to Japan that started it all? If i took back that one trip, that one lie, I believe my ending would be different. I now will explain how everything unfolded and how it began in the story that I call "Love. It's not easy."

****BEGIN****

"Attention passengers, flight 235 bound for Sahoro, Japan, will be taking off momentarily."

 I took in a deep breath and Looked out the window as the plane took off from Vanves, France to head to Sahoro, Japan. As the sun rose, the clouds became lit with a fresh, warm light that woke up France. My Ipods on, I'm texting friends, there's no random stranger sitting next to me on the plane, and I'm going to have the time of my life. My trip to Sahoro, Japan, is my birthday gift from my parents. When I was thirteen, I made a list of places I wanted to visit before I was twenty. As each birthday came, my gift from my parents would be a trip to one of those places on the list. So as graduation and my birthday came around this year, I was given a plane ticket to the last location on my list, Sahoro, Japan.

 Life for me is simple, or so I thought. My name is Juliette Parcou and I was born in France as an only child to a French mom and Korean dad. My dad works at a University and teaches Korean Language while my mom's job is to take care of me. Yes, mom does get annoying sometimes when she sets me up on blind dates with her friends sons, and when she tells me to marry a rich man regardless of anything else. But- I still love her. I was given mom's silky dark brown hair and petite body, while I received my dad's hazel eyes and prominent nose. I know alot of you are thinking, "Okay a Korean dad and French mom, what the heck do you sound like?", I have a dominant french accent but because of my Korean dad, It was toned down a bit. I was taught to embrace both of my parents diverse cultures and languages so- I know how to speak French and Korean along with English, a language that is mandatory to learn at my school.

"Excuse me Ms, would you like an in flight meal?"

"Yes please" I said as I handed her 10 dollars worth of Japanese yen.

 I was handed a circular bowl with a printed picture of cherry blossoms on the top. When I opened It up, I was greeted with some rice, curry and beef. It was a nice meal to have and reminded me of the kind my dad would cook while we were in Korea two summers ago.

 My phone vibrated, a signal that I received a new email from a gossip website. I opened it up and it read

"UPDATE: Issabelle Miraldi is in Japan with rumors to be at Club5 resort for a party. She was spotted with a man at Hokkiado Airport at 12."

Had my plane left three hours prior, I would have probably got the opportunity to meet her. In France, Issabelle models for perfume, lingerie, clothes, and basically for anything else that makes a profit amongst teens and adults. After being starstruck thinking of her fame for a few minutes, it hit me. Issabelle was staying at the same hotel as me! Club5 was the Hotel chain for the rich and famous, hence Issabelle Miraldi staying there. My friend Cammile has a job at the Sahoro resort there so I always get a discount whenever I stay at any Club5 resort. They have several locations around the world from tropical Tahiti to fabulous Florida

One thing I love about taking trips is the cultures you adapt while traveling. When I was at Club5 Hawaii, I took a Ukulele class. So while in Hawaii, I learned the culture of Hawaiian music. Another thing I love about taking trips is you can be who you want to be. I can make a fool of myself, and be embarrassed knowing that you will never see anyone again. I can be a character and be who I want to be.

UPDATE: Now that I've seen what can happen when you "be who you want to be", trust me, act like yourself.

The truth is, Club5 is the hotel I've applied for a job at. They own 10 worldwide locations so I can switch anywhere at anytime I choose. Think about it, who wouldn't want a dream job getting to roam around the world while getting paid with your best friend, Cammile? So while going to Sahoro, I'll be visiting her, having great amounts of fun, and experiencing the hotel that might become my future job.

"Attention passengers- your flight will soon be landing. Look out your window and see the beautiful scenery we offer. The weather in Sahoro today will be high 25 degrees, low 6 degrees. Thank you for flying AirJapan"

The flight attendant pulled out the stairs leading out of the plane and I quickly ran into the Airport bathroom to change into some warm clothes. The Sahoro airport is very tiny so it wasn't long until I saw Cammile

"Juliette! Its been ages! I'm so glad your here because I was assigned as your tour guide for the week!. Let's head to the hotel, I've all ready arranged for us to go skiing at 3. Let's go!"

As she talked, I looked around and saw three things. 1-Snow 2-Mountains 3-Farmland.

I quickly got my first impression of Club5 when I saw the employees waiting at the front for us to arrive. They were all in blue shirts and black pants clapping. I looked around from the taxi window, Club5 was a really nice hotel. When we got out, the clapping and employees suddenly left for another car pulling up that happened to look very nice. As I got my luggage I turned over to catch a glimpse of who was in the car. A boy looking my age with a short/ medium wavy hair and bright blue eyes got out. He made a big deal with the way he walked, seemed like a brat. How could he be acting like he was amazing while wearing that ugly fur coat? I heard him whisper to some man then have another carry his endless amounts of designer luggage.

"Who is that?" I asked Cammile

"Oh, Julie, that's the hotel prince."

"Prince? What do you mean 'Prince'?"

"Well his- by the way his name is Isaac- his father owns ALL Club5 resorts"

The idea of getting on his good side sounded quite swell considering that he could tell his dad to hire me and I wouldn't even have to go through any application process at Club5. I was handed my room key and headed up to floor five. I opened the door and threw my bags on the ground and pulled out my ski clothes. Arranged in a fan-form on my bed were several travel brochures with local restraunts and scenery areas. After a five minute cat-nap, Cammile and I headed to the ski lodge to get our equipment.

We went on the slopes a couple of times but a snowball fight quickly distracted us. As we were throwing snowballs at each other, some snowboarder randomly came out of the corner. The snowball I was getting ready to throw at Cammile, landed on the snowboarder.

"What the hell is this?" he yelled.

I hid my face while apologizing. He tried to leave but while trying to get up on his snowboard, he fell down again. As laughter flooded the woods from Cammile and I, the guy finally left.

"Julie, do you have any clue who that was?"

With laughter I said, " Um no I don't care either. Let's go."

"No. Juliette, that was the prince. You know Isaac, the hotel owners son?"