Episode 88 - Country of Music 2 'Eugene's unwanted spotlight'

Start from the beginning

"A pity.." Eugene mumbled to herself, not knowing that the two Dukes heard her.

______

"Do you know how to play instruments, or write poems?" The King spoke to the Dukes, his eyes closed as if he was enjoying the harps playing in the background.

"No, Your Majesty. We are military men, so we are not familiar with these types of arts." Duke Rodriguez replied in honesty. All he knew was military drills. Poems and music was not something he touched.

"Ahh.." The King hummed. "So, you love blood and those explosion weapons?" The King raised his brows in question.

"And the children?" The King continued, being persistent on this subject. Glancing at a grey-like-white hair boy, he pointed. "Sure enough, you know one or the other?" The King smiled. His smile hinted that he had no expectations what-so-ever.

"I only know how to play the key," Louis honestly replied. And sure enough, the King's grin got wider.

"However," Louis looked at the King blankly. "When it comes to poems, my sister seems to be well versed at, Your Majesty."

"....." The King dropped his grin. "Hmm.." Chuckling, he questioned. "Your sister?" He glanced at the two identical girls. One had grey eyes, and the other had blood-colored eyes.

"Hahaha!" The King suddenly laughed! "I shall look forward to your sister's poem then!" The King lazily held his face with his hands as he laughed. Within a second, he ceased all laughter, becoming serious all of a sudden.

"If they don't live up to expectations, you know what that entails... right?" The King raised his brows at Louis, attempting to scare the little boy.

"......" Eugene blinked, blankly staring at Louis and the King. 'By sister... Did Louis mean her and Euria?' Eugene tilted her head to the side. ' So.. Euria is good at poems?' Eugene turned towards Euria who was stuffing her mouth with grapes.

Realisation hit her! 'No.. he meant her!' Eugene sharply turned her head towards Louis!

'Wait. Wait. Wait! Wait, one minute! What do 'you know what that entails' mean??!?!?' Eugene rapidly blinked her eyes.

Even Duke Marleigh and Duke Rodriguez were staring at Louis in shock!

"Yes Your Majesty, I understand." Louis's lips raised.

'What do you mean you understand?! For what reasons am I involved in this situation!? Am I going to be executed if I don't live up to expectations?!?! And most importantly, why are you smiling!??' Eugene's head exploded with questions! She wants Louis killed right this moment!

"Alright then!" The king replied happily, not giving a chance for Eugene to refuse! The King then motioned for the men playing the harp to come over.

On their way, the men grabbed papers and ink before walking to the King. Handing the things to Ario, Ario then handed multiple papers to Louis who then forced it into Eugene's hands.

"........" Eugene who suddenly received the tools glared at Louis before glancing at her opponents sitting across her. They too were staring at her, gently smiling.

"Alright then, shall we begin?" The King excitedly waved his sleeves for everyone to begin.

"Haa..." Eugene sighed, giving in to the current situation. What can a small girl like her do anyway? She picked up her brush and before she could think, the King spoke again.

"Oh, as for the rewards. This King will grant you anything you want." Continuing, he added. "The loser... well... The loser should take a swim around the lake? Hahaha!" The King boldly announced, shocking everyone in the room.