Happy New Year - smut

Start from the beginning

"Hey, Papyrus..."

"Eight!"

"W-what I was gonna ask was..."

"Seven!"

"Um..."

"Six!"

The taller boy raises a single eyebrow at the flustered raven-haired boy in front of him, his face ducked away in a useless attempt to hide his growing blush.

"Five!"

Then, a penny drops in Papyrus' head. His jaw falls slightly before he chuckles softly in his throat, a small smile on his face as he slips his finger under Mettaton's chin.

"Four!"

Gently but firmly, he turns the shorter boy's head up to meet his own, that sly grin still present.

"Mettaton-"

"Three!"

"Will you share this new year with me?"

His brain seems to completely shut down upon hearing those words. His blush somehow burns even brighter, his entire body warming up gradually. He stumbles on an answer, rushed by the still-persistent countdown.

"Two!"

Mettaton forces his lips shut, simply resorting to a nod.

"One!"

Papyrus' grin widens, his breath spreading across the tip of Mettaton's nose as he leans forward slightly.

"Zero!"

"Happy new year!"

Immediately, Mettaton's eyes slip shut and his lips collide with Papyrus'.

Once again, like on Christmas night, a wave of relief and odd pride tear through his body, his fingertips tingling.

Papyrus' finger slowly moves from under Mettaton's chin to rest against his left cheek, his hand opening and bringing him closer. His other arm wraps around Mettaton's waist, gripping him gently but firmly, safe and secure against his own body. Mettaton sighs into the kiss, letting his hands glide to Papyrus' hips, sliding around him and holding him tight.

How long they stay pressed together, neither of them know, though people both inside the Dreemurr residence and in the town surrounding it still cheer and shout in joy when they do pull apart. Fireworks scream as they soar upwards, bursting loudly into a million multicoloured sparks. Mettaton yelps as he jumps, grabbing onto Papyrus' shirt and forcing the side of his head into his chest. Papyrus simply laughs under his breath as he wraps his arms around the startled Mettaton, gently running his fingers through his hair. Within seconds, the shock has passed, and he lets go of the white shirt, his eyes widening as he watches another firework explode. The bright purple reflects in his visible large, dark eye, a small gasp escaping his lips before being replaced with a smile.

Again, Papyrus turns Mettaton's head, and the two lock eyes for a second before their lips reconnect. Hunger pangs in the latter's stomach, and he pushes himself up onto his tiptoes as his arms snake around Papyrus' neck. In response, Papyrus wraps his left arm around the other boy's waist, holding him tight, while the other rises to his left cheek again, his fingers gently wrapping around his jawline and pulling him ever closer. Before either of them know it, Papyrus traps Mettaton between his own body and the wall next to the door. His lips slip open slightly as his breathing speeds up a fraction, and Papyrus holds back a grin.

Then someone clears their throat.

Papyrus snaps back and Mettaton squeaks quietly as their eyes land on Toriel in the doorway. Mettaton turns his face away, though little to no good comes of it. Toriel simply chuckles behind her hand for a second before speaking up.