|32| Take No Refunds!

Start from the beginning

"And that's because?" Taehyung quirked up.

"I-... because SaeRin liked me.... I have- I have known about it for quite some time now... I was just waiting for our exams to pass by so that I could.. ask her out-" Yunho replied, his gaze lowered.

Taehyung's eyes shifted to the other, who continued openly glaring at the Detective instead.

So the brother knows and doesn't mind-

Taehyung exhaled and leaned back in, sitting up straight. "Was there anything that put you off? Did she mention anything odd? Like- something or someone bothering her? Maybe a third person who you may suspect for having a hand in SaeRin's disappearance? Maybe someone who held out a grudge for her? Someone we can hook onto, to start the investigation with?"

"No... there's nothing. SaeRin sure wasn't necessarily sweet with people... she was bold with her way- but she wouldn't meddle herself to an extent, for another to hold a grudge against her and... to cause her disappearance-"

Taehyung looked over at Donghyuk.

"What about you? Do you know anyone from her school who may have been capable of pulling something like this? Anyone who bothered her?"

"No... there was no one. And even if there was one I'd beat them to sore pulp-" He grit his teeth and Yunho gripped onto his arm, throwing an apologetic smile over to the Detective.

Taehyung let out a sigh and placed it aside.

"Fine... we'll start the investigation as soon as possible. If there's something that has slipped by your minds to let us know, then you can come here again. For now, you can leave. If something comes up, the Department will let you know." Taehyung assured, standing up and the two stood up as well.

"Ah- Detective... thankyou!" Yunho bowed to the said male.

"You better find my sister. You will find her, won't you?" Donghyuck paused, his lips quivering slighgly with his fingers clenching on his sides. "With all the news going around lately... i- no.. just tell me you'll find my sister. Please find her."

Taehyung's lips morphed into a small smile.

The kid sure does has his temper-

"We'll try our very best." He replied with all honesty.

*********

"Lieutenant." Taehyung greeted, as the said male walked into the cabin.

"Mm sit..." Lt. Mingyu replied, taking his own seat. "I heard you and Jungkook faced a little bit of a pickle other day in Hăixiān restaurant, ending up bruised."

"Oh- ah! It was just small stab wounds... We're both fine, thankyou for asking." Taehyung quickly replied.

"Alright, if you say so- It sure was a narrow window, a dangerous one- that too. If I'd known it was about Park JoHyung of ChingZing's underground base, I'd have allowed a full unit instead of throwing you and your partner into blinded danger." Lt. Mingyu sighed, rubbing his forehead.

"anyway, I'm glad you both made it out without any major injuries. I knew I could count on you when I was away"

Taehyung bowed his head slightly to the male, out of respect.

"And.. about the DrugD2 that was confiscated- you have a report on that?"

Taehyung nodded, handing the file over to the Lieutenant.

"32 packets in total- each weighing half a kilogram. 3/4th of the total were in its least concentrated state. Not capable of straight away killing an individual, but enough to detach themselves from their cognition." Taehyung paused a bit, before continuing.