A Dance

"The Yule Ball, has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests will gather in the Great Hall. For a night of well mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. Because the Yule Ball, is first and foremost a dance." Mcgonagall said.

Addilyn and George quickly looked at each other from across the room and smiled.

"Do you think George will pluck up the courage and ask me himself or do you think I'll have to ask him?" Addilyn said to Hermione.

"I think he'll ask you." Hermione told her.

Addilyn nodded and continued listening to Mcgonagall.

"The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries!" Mcgonagall said.

"I will not have you, in the course of an evening, besmirching that name, by behaving like a babbling, bumbling, band of baboons!" Mcgonagall said.

Addilyn saw George lean over to Fred and whisper something, and then they both started whispering the tongue twister Mcgonagall had just said over and over.

Addilyn laughed at their actions and then looked back to her head of house.

"Now to dance, is to let the body breathe! Inside every lady, a secret swan slumbers, longing to burst forth and take flight." Mcgonagall said.

Addilyn noticed Ron, Seamus, and Harry start laughing as they pointed over behind Addilyn. 

She turned around and saw Eloise standing as her cheeks turned red.

Addilyn tapped her hand and smiled at her, to which Eloise gave a thankful smile in response.

"Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance- Mr Weasley!" Mcgonagall said pointing to Ron. 

"Y-yes?" Ron said hesitantly.

"Will you join me please?" Mcgonagall said to him.

Addilyn started laughing and Harry pushed Ron off of his seat.

"Now, place your right hand on my waist." Mcgonagall said.

"Where?" Ron asked horrifyingly.

"My waist." She said as she took his hand and placed it on her waist.

"Hey." The twins drug out at Ron.

Ron tried to flip the twins off but Mcgonagall pulled his hand back.

"Mr. Filch, if you will." Mcgonagall said.

"One, two, three. One, two three. One, two, three." Mcgonagall said.

The twins started fake dancing and humming to the music, and Addilyn couldn't help but laugh at them.

Harry leaned over to the twins and whispered something to them, in which they responded, "Never." and then continued dancing.

"Everyone come together!" Mcgonagall said.

Addilyn quickly stood up and started walking over to George, when someone pushed her out of the way and walked in front of her instead.

Annabelle quickly approached George and asked him to dance, which he then looked at Addilyn and smiled at her, then completely ignored Annabelle and walked over to Addilyn. 

"For a second I thought you were going to leave me to dance alone." Addilyn said as George put a hand on her waist.

"And let one of these other idiots dance with you? No way." George said.