Interrupted

"I'm proud to announce that I have given lots of thought to this, and will be choosing..." Addilyn said.

She took a deep breath and looked up towards Mcgonagall.

"It's okay dear, no ones gonna be disappointed in you for what you pick." Mcgonagall said. She placed a hand on her shoulder and smiled at Addilyn.

"I choose... "

"Gryffindor!" Addilyn said.

Mcgonagall enveloped her in a large hug.

"I knew you'd choose wisely. I'm so proud of you dear." Mcgonagall said.

Dumbledore walked over and placed a hand on her other shoulder.

"Good choice Miss Rose." Dumbledore said.

Addilyn smiled at them both.

"Does that mean I get to stay in my dorm?" Addilyn said.

"Yes of course, if that's what you'd like." Mcgonagall said.

"Thank you! Thank you thank you thank you!" Addilyn said.

—————

Addilyn woke up the next morning feeling great. She finally felt like she belonged to a place where she was welcome.

She didn't care anymore that her parents might be disappointed in her. She was happy and she felt that was all that mattered. She would let that problem be a problem when it was necessary.

After Addilyn woke up and got dressed, she went down to breakfast.

"ADDI!" Someone yelled from behind her.

Addilyn turned around and was met with George and Fred giving her the biggest hug she's ever received.

"Hello to my favorite twins. What's got you two in a good mood?" Addilyn asked them as she hugged them back tightly.

"Oh I don't know only the fact that you picked your house last night." Fred told her.

"So, what house did you pick?" George asked.

Addilyn hesitated then smiled a bit and responded.

"Slytherin. Obviously. That way I'm with Adrian and Ayela you know?" Addilyn said. She tried to hold back a laugh as best she could.

"Oh." The twins said. George looked upset and disappointed, where as Fred just looked sad.

"Hey, gingers, wanna know a secret?" Addilyn said.

The twins nodded and leaned in towards her to listen close.

"I didn't really choose slytherin. I chose gryffindor." Addilyn whispered before she looked at them with a wide smile.

"Addi, I swear to godrick if you are joking I will never speak to you again." George said, he put his hands on her shoulders and looked her dead in the eye.

"Wow, a little harsh Georgie, but I'm not joking. I love you both too much to just leave you alone with Lee." Addilyn said.

"Hey uh, I don't know if you remembered or not, but I have ears and, I'm an existent hungry man. Move over newbie." Lee said, moving past them and sitting down.

George and Fred hugged Addilyn again before sitting down on both sides of her.

"So, first meal as an official gryffindor. Taste better now huh?" Fred said nudging her slightly.

"I do have to agree on that." Addilyn said.

—————

"What do you find so interesting about that book?" George asked her, slightly kicking her side with his foot as they sat on the couch in the common room.