45. My Time

"And where is Taehyung? Again." Jin inspected the incoming batch of males with no sight of the silver head.

"He has work to do. In VANTE." Yoongi pulled the chair as he sat beside Namjoon who was at the head of the table.

"I don't think he has any-...oh yea, that work." Jin noticed the blade sharp look he received from Yoongi and decided to play along. "Anyways, anyone want some pasta?"

"ME! I'm so hungry! I can eat two horses now."

"Ew Jimin." Jungkook scrunched his nose.

"Shut up. It's all your fault. You delayed us by 15 minutes. Unacceptable!" Jimin sat beside Yoongi as he picked his pasta with his fork, ready to devour. He probably was so hungry as he started making a mess by shoving them into his mouth.

"Easy there little guy."

Jimin's heart went into a mini cardiac arrest when he felt a warm thumb brushes across his plump lower lip. He was dazed by Yoongi's action as the older sucked the pasta sauce on his thumb with a gummy grin.

Sweet baby Jesus. Jimin looked around the table with a deep blush on his cheeks. He was lucky that no one seems to be paying attention to him as the rest of the males chat among themselves in the midst of passing the dishes on the table. Or so he thought. Everyone seated there noticed Yoongi's little action but decided to keep their nose away from the interesting duo's business.

"Thanks Joon for allowing my boys to stay here."

"Hobi, you need to stop thanking me every occasion you get. It's no big deal. The house is more than enough to accommodate us all. Even you if you ever need a place to crash over the weekend. We are friends now." Namjoon certainly finds it pretty breeze to speak with the MD or Gardler as he shares a good synergy with Hoseok.

"Joon, you need to learn how to take credit too. Just like how you saved me so heroically from the pool. I never get to thank you enough." Jungkook munched on his pasta.

"But Joon can't swim for shit. It's funny how you think he saved you." Jin started to laugh out loud thinking how clumsy his friend is. It's truly entertaining at times on the shenanigans that Namjoon can pull off. "He really can't swim. I even saved him multiple times from drowning. And that happened just last year."

Words left the raven head as he blinked once, twice, thrice at the older male as Jin continued to narrate funny stories about how Namjoon slipped and fall into a pool during their summer vacation, alarming the entire coastal lifeguard with his loud cries.

"I guess it's my mistake to assume it's Namjoon, must have been someone else." Jungkook tried to suppress his shock with an overwhelming sense of emotion building in his chest. Was he disappointed or felt stupid? He can't tell for sure. "I guess I will just excuse myself to have a shower, been a long day."

"Kooks, you barely ate anything." Hoseok noticed the bowl of pasta barely touched as the raven head start excusing himself from the table.

"I'm not hungry right now. Thanks, Hobi. Bye guys, I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"Sigh, I thought I could have shared more stories with him. Anyways..." Jin continued his chatty story about all the small incidents the group had over the years completely oblivious about the truth he just dropped which sent Jungkook's mind into haywire.

As the ravenette climb the flight of stairs to his room, he noticed the navy door right opposite of his remained closed with the lights turned off. He felt a sense of creepiness crawling into his bone when he thinks about the possibility of being saved by someone else other than Namjoon. As far as he could recall, no one else was present in the house at that time and Jungkook was positive about it.