24. Down In The Meadow

"What do you mean that you need to fly back?" Hoseok was looking at the duo who paid him an early morning visit at the Gardler HQ.

"Jungkook said he wants to go back." Jimin was standing beside the slightly taller male with his fingers pointed at Jungkook.

"Jungkook. Can't you speak for yourself?" Hoseok crossed his arms as he narrowed his gaze at the younger.

The raven head was looking at his boss with a timid expression. "Yea, I can."

"Then tell me what is this about. Why do you wanna leave? You've been doing so well for the last three weeks managing the teams remotely from our HQ."

Indeed, it was the truth. Jungkook has been doing so well managing his team back in Seoul and Sydney concurrently with the VANTE project. Hoseok couldn't understand why Jungkook needs to fly back to Sydney.

It's been 2 weeks since the conversation happened between Jimin and Jungkook. The night surely brought the two closer than expected as Jungkook didn't hold back his side of the story while Jimin was only able to hold the crying boy in his arm till the next morning. In the end, Jimin knew the reasons behind Jungkook's trigger and what happened on the day Jimin let Taehyung in as he was leaving for an appointment.

It's also been exactly 2 weeks since Taehyung flew overseas. Jungkook is unsure where did the silver head disappeared to. Surprisingly, neither one of the trios who always hold Taehyung accountable and disciplined said anything following the missing of the young tycoon. In the absence of Taehyung, Namjoon stepped into the boss's shoe and been managing the company's affair since then.

"It's been a couple of weeks, I know I've been managing it remotely but I appreciate if I can visit my team on the ground without further ado."

In reality, Jungkook is scared.

It's been two whole weeks and Taehyung was nowhere in sight. The last Jungkook heard about the silver head was the day after their unexpected sex and horror encounter in the office of VANTE. Neither Hoseok nor the trusted trios of Kim Taehyung spoke about the man at his absence. It was almost like Taehyung left for a secret mission and it was not supposed to be talked about.

Then you may ask why is Jungkook afraid? What is the point of being afraid of someone not even present in his vicinity?

The answer lies within the question itself.

Jungkook is afraid of Taehyung although the older is not in the country. Jungkook is afraid of himself and his broken heart. Jungkook is afraid that his broken trust and wounded heart will snap back into an ugly path and direct him to the silver head.

The younger is afraid of his feelings for Taehyung. How does he know he still has feelings for the older? Let us once again recall back to the night where Jimin and Jungkook sat down for a heart to heart talk.

Flashback

"Judy."

Jimin who was stroking the younger's back came to a surprising stop. "Judy?"

"Yea, it was Judy who drove me and Tae apart." Jungkook sniffled and completely stayed unbothered as he was clinging to Jimin like a koala and full on tears.

"Kooks, if you're able to, can you perhaps enlighten me further? I really am starting to lose you to the context coz I have no clue who is this Judy and what is her correlation to you and Taehyung's relationship."

Jungkook nodded. He knows that he can't buy the time with Jimin. He needed to let it all out there to sort himself out and revisit his wounds which stayed unbothered for the past 8 years. Hence, he properly placed himself beside Jimin, now facing him with tears still streaming down his puffed up cheeks as he begins to explain.