44. Petals At The Garden

"Hey."

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Hi."

The two stood awkwardly.

For the very first time, Kim Taehyung was lost of words. It was very much pointed towards the ravenette who cut his words muted into non-existence. A month of deprivation from the sight he was chasing to let go rushed back to the sea of his brain like a high tide crashing the pebbles back to the shore.

"I'll just take my leave."

"Taehyung?"

The silver head turned back at the call of his name. Oh how sweet it sounded. Perhaps it's alright to bask in the selfish yearning to satisfy his greed while it lasts.

"Hmm?"

Jungkook swayed on his feet. His mind was on an equal play of seesaw as he contemplated what to say next. Should he even say something?

"Anything?" Taehyung asked again when he heard no other words from the younger. He only noticed how Jungkook was shifting from left to right with a nonchalant expression hanging on his handsome face.

"Oh. Have a good day."

Tae raised both his brows in a questioning manner but blinked it away before Jungkook could notice the heat creeping up his cheeks. Jungkook wished him a good day and Taehyung was getting flustered. How embarrassing can this be?

"Thanks. You too."

The silver head turned on his heels and clicked his leather shoes away on the tiles growing the distance of the once closed space between him and the younger. In his heart, Taehyung wanted nothing but to stay and crash Jungkook with his bone-crushing hug and ask for forgiveness. But the silver head knows that he lost his chance. There is nothing he can do now will turn back the decision he committed and there is no reversing in the fact Jungkook is not his. He is someone else's now.

"Damn it." Jungkook cursed at himself as he turned to face the glass window running his fingers through his raven locks.

An indescribable feeling injected through his veins when he caught a glimpse of the silver head earlier this morning. It was not an unexpected sight although Jungkook willingly welcomed it. He just couldn't bear to face the older as he knows they did not depart on good terms.

When Jin requested for him to call upon Yoongi, Jungkook was hesitant. Reluctance hung on him like a second skin as he stepped out of the meeting room in search of the silver head. He was quick to locate the duo as the office space doesn't allow much secret passage for personal chats hence the conversation which transpired between the duo registered like a permanent patten on Jungkook's mind.

Before the conversation could penetrate his heart, Jungkook barged into the pair and requested for Yoongi as instructed by Jin. Watching the older all alone in a space between the two made Jungkook wonder if it's alright to give a hug as per his heart's desire. The only thing that stopped his reaction back is the flashing image of Lucas whom he is actively dating now without any labels.

Still, a betrayal is a betrayal if Jungkook chose to place Taehyung back into the chamber of his heart where he was planting the seed for the brown head male.

What triggered the curious wire in Jungkook is the way Taehyung was behaving. A month of absence changed the silver head into a completely new person, looking like the man who Jungkook truly fell in love with. That thought itself haunted the younger's mind as he retrieved to his assigned cabin with a distance in his mind, keeping the thoughts about Taehyung away.