1. Leo

Leo's POV

I walked down the street to the private school with my backpack on and our school uniform on straight. Black dress pants with a small black belt, a white button-up shirt, with the sleeves rolled up, and my dark green tie of our school color.

It was the middle of summer so the morning was warm enough for me to leave my black uniform jacket at home. Birds sang loudly overhead. I usually loved walking to school in mornings like this but I just had too much on my mind to really breathe it in. I just looked down and watched every step I took.

The bell on Miss Parker's Flower shop rang as I walked near, warning me she walked outside. I snapped my head up and gave her a warm smile, hiding the sadness underneath.

She was pretty old with long but thinning silver hair and wrinkles. She started sweeping the welcome mat just like every morning for as long as I could remember as she too smiled back to see me.

"Good morning Leo. How is your mother doing today?" She asked me as she handed me the broom so I could take over this small chore like I did every morning I walked to school for her.

"I think she is doing much better today. Thank you," I lied, smiling at her as bright as I could to make her think I was telling the truth.

To be honest, my father had to push me out the door this morning because I didn't want to leave my mother's bedside. Her cough wasn't clearing up as fast as the doctor hoped and that made me worry.

"That's wonderful to hear. I'm happy she is doing better this week," she smiled, kindly.

I made sure I cleaned the mat off well for her since she worked here alone, too stubborn of an old woman to hire any help around the shop after her two sons moved away to start their own families years ago. She was just too independent for her own age.

"My goodness Leo. We need to have more young men like you around this part of town. Just as bright as the sun itself." Her cheeks filled more with wrinkles as she chuckled.

I giggled back before saying, "Everyone is a star in their own way, Miss Parker." I finish up sweeping around the mat and hand the broom back over to her.

"Well, now you've made me early for my morning tea. Thank you, Leo." She waved me off as I started back on my walk.

The school wasn't too far of a walk from there. I walked along the tall red and brown brick wall and as I entered through the large black iron gate doors the first bell rang. Everyone inside the school grounds began to separate from their groups and made their way into the large red brick building with me.

"Good morning Leo," a group of girls said all at the same time while waving as I walked past.

I smile nicely at them. "Good morning ladies. I hope you all have a good day," and give them a wave as they giggle off down the hall whispering to each other with glee. It's the normal thing for them and I have no idea what their names are.

I don't know. I guess I could be good-looking to them. I'm about average height with golden blonde hair that was a mess most days, stopping just before my icy blue eyes, and I did have some muscle. You can't really see it through the clothes but you knew it's there. Nothing really special though, at least to me.

I tried to keep a positive attitude around everyone and lend a helping hand as much as I could to anyone in need. It's how my mother raised me to be and I just wanted to make her proud.

Walking into class 4B, I took my normal seat next to the window and dug through my bag for the right notes and books to start the day, along with last night's homework. We stayed in the same homeroom for the whole day besides for lunch and gym so I had everything I need until then.