Chapter 24: Necessary Evil

Start from the beginning

"Evidence", Jungkook's smile doesn't leave his face, "The same evidence that I was going to show hyung last night when he started talking about how much he trusts you. He said he trusts you more than anyone else. He also said that you are not just his bestfriend but also his brother", he glares right into Jimin's eyes while the older tries to avoid eye-contact.

"I wanted to show him this but I couldn't bring myself to break his heart", Jungkook continues, "I don't like playing games like you and a part of me still wants to believe in you because hyung does. All I need is a reason. Just anything to justify why I found you talking to Mr. Min on the phone yesterday before you drove inside his house", he states matter of factly.

"What are you talking about Jungkook? I don't know what my car was doing there. You don't even know if that was me driving. It could be my driver in which case I will have to talk to him or I don't know, this photo could be doctored", Jimin shrugs his shoulders still avoiding direct eye contact with Jungkook.

Jungkook smiles at Jimin's words, "I am sending you another picture. Have a look?". He sends the older another picture which clearly showed Jimin driving the same car at the same timestamp. Jimin's previosly red face now white. "Come with me Jungkook. Let's talk", he grabs Jungkook's hand and takes him to a clear space in the building with no people around.

"I don't know what you are upto Jungkook but you shouldn't get into things you know nothing about. I am his friend. I will never betray him. You should get your ass out of this situation. I am his lawyer. I know what I am doing. You should stick to what you are supposed to be doing as well", Jimin hisses at Jungkook.

"Oh and what is it that I am supposed to be doing hyung?", Jungkook chuckles softly, "Tell me though, as his lawyer are you supposed to be sharing his business plans with Mr. Min? And are you supposed to be going to his house to see him?"

"I don't need to tell you things that you won't understand Jungkook. The only reason I am tolerating your bullshit is because you are Taehyung's boyfriend", Jimin continues with his venomous words.

"What do you think I am hyung? Kim Taehyung's dumb blonde boyfriend? You think I don't understand what's going on here? Do you know anything about me except for the fact that I am his boyfriend?", Jungkook clenches his jaws and moves a step forward.

"I am his best friend and his goddamn lawyer for fuck's sake. I know what's best for him. I DON'T NEED TO SHARE MY PLANS WITH A RANDOM BOY WHO SPENDS MOST OF HIS TIME WARMING KIM TAEHYUNG'S BED!", Jimin yells right at Jungkook's face and before he could continue his yelling he finds his collar in Jungkook's firm grab.

Jungkook grabs Jimin by his collar and smashes him into the wall behind, pinning him there, "Park Jimin, now listen to me very carefully. I wanted to give you one chance before I tell hyung everything that I know and show him these pictures but looks like you are more interested in throwing insults at me rather than trying to explain yourself. Wait until you find out what I can do apart from warming your so-called brother's bed!", Jungkook glares right in Jimin's eyes, his collar still inside his grab and eyes bloodshot in anger making Jimin gulp hard.

"What are you doing Jungkook? Leave my collar. You don't want to know what I can do to you for this", Jimin responds trying to keep his heart rate stable, his forehead already sweaty, "Taehyung won't like to know how you treated his bestfriend!"

"Hyung won't like to know how his bestfriend treated him either", Jungkook grunts being his most intimidating self, "WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN MIN MANSION, JIMIN? Talk to me before I make you talk to hyung himself".

"Leave. Me. Alone.", Jimin glares back at Jungkook before he sees a smirk forming on his face as he lets go of him. "Go", Jungkook smiles stepping back, "Go and do whatever you got to do and I will do whatever I have to do to protect him. I gave you one chance so that I don't feel guilty for dragging my boyfriend's friend down".