Chapter 52 - Blood & Frenzy

Start from the beginning

"You're not being very proper right now," Sheja argued, putting her fists up in front of herself as she lowered back into a defensive position.

"Fine, you want to fight?" He tilted his head in their direction and the three men sprung at Twyn.

"Twyn!" she yelled before the man in front of her sprung at her himself. Being on upper ground, she easily landed a kick to the man's chest and he fell backwards. She ran over and grabbed one of the men who had a hold on Twyn and was able to pry him away.

"Run, Sheja!" Twyn yelled as he struggled against a set of hands. He grunted and swung his fist into the man's jaw just as he noticed the man Sheja pried away had already returned and grabbed her.

"I'm tired of this!" she yelled and stomped hard on the man's foot. She swung herself around and threw a hard right hook square into the side of the man's head. As the man rolled down the snow covered hill, she tried to shake the pain out of her fist as she turned back to help Twyn again. Hands clamped down on her arms and before she could turn, she herself was being thrown down the hill. Sheja groaned as her rolling came to a stop on flat ground and she pushed herself to her feet just in time to block an incoming kick with her arms.

"Just give up. You're going to lose eventually," the first man growled at her. He grabbed her by the hair and stood her up straight.

She let out a grunt and grabbed at his hands, alleviating the pain from her hair being pulled. "I'll never lose. Not even death has stopped me," she spat at him.

He laughed loudly as he took her by the throat with his other hand and easily slammed her backward into the large tree behind her. He didn't seem to budge as Sheja delivered a strong kick to his hip. "I give you points for trying, but you're just a featherweight." He leaned in close to her, his voice like venom, "Having that drink with me would have been much easier than this."

She could hear him chewing on something and could suddenly smell a strong waft of mint. Breath mint? Seriously? she thought. Her eyes flung open wide as the man pressed his lips to hers roughly and she yelled as hard as she could even though his mouth muffled it. Her body cringed and fought against him harder as his tongue forced its way into her mouth and licked the inside of her teeth, a sudden acrid taste being swept across her tongue. Like with Twyn at the lake house, she placed her free hand flat on his chest and sent a shock into him that sent him backwards. He laid convulsing on the ground as she spat in disgust wildly to try get the taste out of her mouth, hearing Twyn yelling her name over his own struggle.

Twyn let out a pained yell as one of the men bit down hard onto his arm just as he had kicked the other away. The third laid several feet away down the hill, unconscious against a tree.

Sheja clamored back up the hill as quick as she could, grabbing one of the men and again, flinging them down the hill as hard as she could. "Sorry if this hurts, Twyn!" she yelled as she placed her hands on the last man's back and gave him a shock too. Twyn hissed but the man screamed in pain and writhed away from Twyn.

"Ow," Twyn groaned as he examined the bleeding bite mark. "Gonna have to get a rabies shot or something," he tried to joke. He looked down the path as three of the men started to get to their feet and turn back up at them again. The lead male laid motionless at the bottom of the hill. "What did you do to that one?" he asked.

"I shocked the shit out of him. That bastard kissed me and not even a breath mint helped his nasty breath!" she growled, her body shaking with anger.

Twyn growled.

"You better check on your main man. I might have killed him," she hollered at them nonchalantly. "Don't think I won't be willing to add your bodies to his," Sheja added with a growl. "I've got two words for you: Diplomatic Immunity."