Right place at the right time (Peter Parker)

Start from the beginning

"What was that?" I gulped as I stood from the sofa, Peter following behind me. We headed into the kitchen and our eyes widened at what we saw. Ben stood there, hands raised as a burglar stood in the now broken glass of the window, his gun pointed straight at Ben. The burglar's eyes widened as he saw us.

"You said that you were the only one in." he spat.

"They're just kids, leave them out of this." Ben shook his head.

"W-what do I do, Ben?" Peter choked.

"You put your hands up! Now!" the man yelled.

"Do what he says, Pete, it'll be okay." Ben reassured. Peter gulped, both of us raising our hands. I bit my lip, my heart thumping as I tried to work out what to do. I could help, but that would mean exposing my powers to Peter and Ben. Though that currently looked like our only option.

"All of your jewellery, take it off." the burglar spat as he pointed the gun at me.

"Woah, hey, she's just a kid, keep the gun on me." Ben snapped.

"I'll keep it on whoever the fuck I want to. Now shut the fuck up and give me the jewellery." he nodded, the gun back on me. I gulped, my fingers rising to undo my necklace. Ben took the opportunity that I was giving him. Before I knew what was happening, he lunged towards the burglar. Before he could aim the gun back at him, Ben was struggling with him, his hands also wrapped around the gun.

"Call the police, Peter!" Ben yelled. Peter nodded and gulped before rushing back into the living room. I continued to watch as Ben and the burglar struggled for the gun. This was my chance. I subtly flicked my wrist, my energy making the gun fly out of his hand and to the floor. I kicked it to the side as Ben started to wrestle the masked man out onto the fire escape.

"Come on, Y/N. It's now or never." I gulped as I followed them. I got outside to see Ben and the man still fighting, Ben grunting as the burglar sent punches to his stomach in an effort to get out of his grasp. I flicked my wrist again, making the burglar fall over the railing and down onto the concrete below.

"I've got this, Ben." I nodded as I jumped over the railing and to the concrete.

"What do you mean?!" he yelled down to me. I raised my fists as the burglar got up, making him smirk as he saw me.

"What's easier than fighting an old man? Fighting a little bitch." he snapped.

"We'll see who the little bitch is soon." I nodded before sending a punch to his face. He groaned and cupped his face as he stumbled back. He regained his posture before his other hand raced towards me. My eyes widened as I saw the blade, my body jumping to the side just in time.

"Bringing two weapons? Not cool." I scoffed as my eyes started to turn purple. The burglar's eyes widened.

"What the fuck-." I pointed my flattened palm at him, making him cry out as my energy flew into him and sent him flying backwards. He landed against the concrete with a thud, groans leaving his lips as he lay there.

"What the fuck? What are you?" he coughed as I walked to him and knelt down beside him.

"I'm a Stark, bitch." I nodded before raising my fist. My energy wrapped around it, giving me more power as I drove my fist into his face and knocked him out. I puffed out, glad that it was finally over as I stood up.

"Y/N?" I looked up and sighed as Peter stood at the entrance to the alleyway.

"Oh my god, are you okay? I called the cops, they'll be here any minute." he nodded, making me gulp as he hugged me tightly.

"I-I'm fine, just a little shaken up." I lied.

"I can imagine. Thank you so much, you helped save my uncle." he spoke.

"Of course, Pete. I'd never let anything happen to you, May or Ben." I reassured. He sighed and nodded before hugging me again.

Peter sat on his bed, his eyes wide as he looked up at me and my dad. I sighed and bit my lip nervously, my arms crossed over my chest. After I had stopped the burglar and he had been arrested, I had called my dad to tell him that I thought it was time to recruit Peter. And so both of us were currently standing in front of Peter, my poor boyfriend still trying to comprehend what he had been told. He continued to look between us, the wideness of his eyes never faltering.

"S-so...I've been dating...Tony Stark's daughter for a year unknowingly..." he started.

"Yup." I sighed.

"W-who...has the same powers as Scarlet Witch..." he continued.

"You're spot on, kid." my dad nodded.

"A-and...I'm now b-being recruited...by Mr Stark...to be an Avenger because you...somehow k-know that I now also have...superpowers." he finished. I gulped as I looked at my dad, him also returning the glance.

"You okay, Pete?" I gulped. He looked at me, his mouth opening and closing like he wanted to say something, but nothing was coming out.

"I don't know if 'okay' is the right word to use-."

"Look, Pete, this is the bottom line. You have amazing abilities. I know that you've not had them for very long, but I know that with the right training and guidance, you can do amazing things. You can become the amazing SpiderMan." my dad reassured. Peter gulped and looked at me.

"What do you think, babe?" he asked. I sighed and bit my lip.

"I think that my dad is right. You can do this, Pete, I know that you can." I nodded. He sighed and returned it before standing up.

"Yeah. Okay, I'll do it." he smiled. I returned it and bit my lip.

"Awesome. Welcome to the team, kid." my dad chuckled as he patted his shoulder.