To Kill the King (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"...And you will remain here until you learn your lesson." Uther snaps while Morgana sneers at him and yanks on the chains.

"Then release me because I've learned it already! That you care not for me, or anyone but yourself! That you're driven mad with power! That you're a tyrant!" Morgana thunders; emerald eyes blazing. Uther scoffs and stomps out slamming the door shut before storming down the hall with his red cloak billowing and the guards moving to the ends of the hall. Arthur sighs before moving off to begin sending his men on a wild goose chase in order to buy Tom enough time to get to the border.

---

The next day Gwen was sat in Merlyn's chamber hugging the stuffing out of the boys and thanking them for saving her father when there was a light knock at the door. Arthur enters quietly and Gwen immediately stands curtseying and Arthur smiles faintly.

"Sire."

"Guinevere, I...want you to know that your job is safe. And that your home is yours for life. I guarantee you that. I know that under the circumstances it's not much but, erm, anything you want, anything you need, all you have to do is ask." Arthur tells her and Merlyn smiles standing and kisses Arthur on the cheek turning him several shades of red.

"Thank you, Sire." Gwen giggles at the small display of affection and Arthur nods before turning to leave.

"Father, what about Aunty Morgana?" Rowan asks causing Arthur to pause and sigh.

"The King is teaching her a lesson but I'll speak to him later today and see if I can convince him to release her." He gives his son a faint smile before heading out.

Once Arthur left the boys quickly went about gathering books, blankets and food as well as some candles before sneaking down to Morgana's cell while the guards were not in the hall and whispering a spell to unlock the door. Morgana looks up surprised to see the twins who were carrying far too much while keeping it balanced.

"What's this then?" Morgana asks as Rowan and Arty place down various items for her.

"Just some books and food to pass the time, plus it's cold down here at night. Wouldn't want you to catch a cold." Arty grins at her before handing her a blanket which she takes gratefully and wraps it around her shoulders.

"Thank you both, you didn't have to do this." Morgana tells them humbly and Rowan waves her off with a smile.

"It's no problem, Aunty."

Arty notices the red skin on Morgana's wrists and takes her arms to get a better look at the chaffing of the cold iron cuffs. "When the Prince gets you out, come see me and I'll give you a salve to put on these so they don't scar." Arty instructs her and she nods with a faint smile.

"Why are you both so good to me?" Morgana asks quietly.

"Because you're family." Rowan responds giving her a hug before stiffening. "The guards are coming, we need to go." Morgana nods and shoos them out. The twins race out and lock the door before racing back up to the Physician's chambers to get started with their day.

 The twins race out and lock the door before racing back up to the Physician's chambers to get started with their day