Chapter 19 - Yaya

Depuis le début

Leena grinned, "And Sheja had quite the crush on you for most of our childhood, too. It was only on our birthday that she realized she was in love with the wrong sibling."

"Leena!" Shej blushed, as did Twyn.

"You've always been a woman?" Twyn asked.

Shej nodded, "Please don't let this affect our friendship." Her voice was edged with a little fear.

"You only lied to protect your life, why would I let that come between us?"

Shej smiled happily, sighing with relief.

"But that's also why you couldn't fulfill Leena's dream of getting pregnant," he realized, quick to the point of Leena's lost dream.

"Yeah. Just because I could make myself into a male, didn't mean I could recreate everything one could do. Like creating a life inside of a lover."

"Then how is my sister pregnant right now?" Twyn flatly asked, staring straight at Sheja. Cerno suddenly looked like he'd just run into a glass door.

"Ha! I knew he knew!" Leena blurted out instantly, laughing. She hopped up and down, quickly covering her mouth to mute some of her giggling.

"What!?" Cerno turned toward Sheja, taking her arm and forcing her to face him. "When?"

Shej smirked.

Twyn's seriousness lightened as Shej smirked and he too showed a bit of happiness as well as intrigue, "Don't forget the how."

"My brother helped." Shej said, turning back to the twins. She paused at the funny looks she got, noticing Twyn kind of eyeing Cerno for a moment. "Err...not like that! He helped make it to where I could use my source so I could...y'kno!" Her face flushed at the bad choice of words. She stood up straight and cleared her throat. "That is one hundred percent my baby growing inside of my wife," she claimed, beaming proudly as she folded her arms across her chest.

Leena smiled and pulled up the front of her shirt just enough to bare her stomach, revealing the tiniest of baby bumps. Only now did she let Twyn rest his hand on her stomach.

"We're just about ten weeks along."

"Ten weeks? So this was from the night of our birthday?" Cerno asked.

"Best birthday ever."

"Minus your heart stopping," Cerno added.

"Well, then there was that, yeah. Not so awesome. But doesn't change my mind."

"...it's so strong already," Twyn said softly with a smile, his eyes closed as he crouched next to Leena, his face close to her stomach as he used his source to sense the baby. "Must be a boy if it's this strong."

"Speaking of boys, I want to meet my nephew!" Leena said with anticipation. She paused before they turned to enter to house, "Hey, Twyn? Will Ily be understanding of Shej?"

"She had no qualms when I told her about you being a Taboo. I'm sure she will be just fine with Shej. That kiss however..." He eyed Shej as he stood up straight again.

Shej laughed, "It wasn't all that impressive for me either y'kno," she joked.

"Hey!" Twyn blushed, looking a little flustered.

"I'll take the blame, I'm actually the one put her up to it," Leena admitted, walking a few steps away with Twyn to talk quietly.

"You?" Twyn scolded quietly.

"Mm hmm. She had spent a decade of her life just wanting to kiss you, so I told her to," she whispered quietly back to him.

"She did?"