"Well, I don't know the specifics but I'm not going to ask - that's between her and her husband, I think."

"Yeah, good point.  I mean, I know how reproduction works, don't get me wrong, I was just wondering how it works across different species, if it's different at all..." Suddenly she wished she could grab Lore's helmet and put it over her face to hide her intense blush.

"Anyway, she needs them fertilized by the equinox, or her line will end," Peli continued. "If you jump into hyperspace, they'll die. She said her husband has settled on the estuary moon of Trask in the system of the gas giant Kol Iben."

"She said all that?" asked Lore, surprised. 

"I paraphrased."

"Is she sure there are Mandalorians there?"

Again, Peli spoke to the woman in her language. Then she nodded.  "She said her husband has seen them."

"Do you know the husband?"

"No, I just met her ten minutes before you walked in."

"I thought you said you vouched for her on your life."

"I did.  And what can I say? I have an excellent judge of character." Peli gave a self-satisfied smile. 

"Come on, we have to help her and her babies," cried Aula.  "Help reunite this family."

Lore gave his usual response - he sighed. 

-----------------------------------------

"Hi, I'm Aula. Welcome aboard! Make yourself comfortable," she told the lady as they all boarded the Crest.  The lady said something back, which Aula couldn't understand of course, but it sounded thankful. 

"Now I'm gonna ask you to stay strapped in whenever you're seated," Lore instructed. "Traveling sublight is a bit dicey these days." She said something back in her language.  "I don't speak whatever language that is. You speak Huttese?" He tried speaking a few words, but took the lady's silence as she didn't understand.

"You're guess is as good as mine," said Aula. 

After setting their course, Lore and Aula headed down to the lower level to let the lady have some rest, and to get Leo to bed for his nap.

They found him sitting beside the lady's container-

He was eating the eggs!

"No!" Lore dove in, grabbing Leo. "That's not food!" He sighed and closed the container. "Kaysh guur'skraan - He loves his food." 

And she was really loving all the Mando'a.

"Don't do that again. Nap time." He tucked the little bean into his hammock. 

Aula winced. "What are we going to tell her when she notices some of her eggs are missing?"

-------------------------------------

The ship was tossing and turning like you wouldn't believe! 

"What the kriff are you doing?!" The door to the cockpit slid open and Aula appeared, sporting wide eyes and a wild bedhead. "Some of us are trying to sleep here!"

"We're being chased!" Lore cried back. 

"By who?!"

"Razor Crest, stand down. We will fire. I repeat, we will fire."

"They're gonna fire!" she cried.

"I know! Just hang on!"

The poor lady was screaming, probably wondering what the hell she'd gotten herself into.