19-Old Tradition

(Name) was awoken from his peaceful slumber by the sound of running water. After a while of disoriented minutes he shot out of bed frantically looking around.

He soon realised he was in some sort of cheap motel. Looking out of the darkened window he could see (Y/N)'s car standing in the parking lot.

Looking around the room his eyes fell upon the bathroom door. "(Y/N)?" he cautiously asked coming closer to the door.

"Don't worry. I am in the shower!" she screamed frantically trying to wipe the blood out of her hair.

"Okay. Just got worried for a second" he answered. Walking back to the bed he falls back onto it. Not caring about his clothes he wiggled under the covers and fell asleep.

(Name) was awoken from his slumber the second time by the sound of ringing phone. Groaning he sits in the bed and looks at the bathroom door.

"(Y/N)! Someone's calling you!" (Name) screamed cautiously looking at the phone and then back at the bathroom door.

"Who is calling me?" (Y/N) asked washing the remains of blood from her hair. "How should I know?" (Name) screamed back cringing at the volume of the ringing.

"Honey look at the name written on the lock screen!" (Y/N) screamed back groaning at the red tint to her hair.

"It's Hailey!" (Name) screamed smiling at the 'Joker' written on (Y/N)'s screen. "You can pick it up!" (Y/N) screamed and then proceeded to ignore the conversation.

"Oh my God are you okay (Y/N)!" came the panicked voice of Hailey. "This is (Name). And don't worry we are okay. What about you?" (Name) asked propping himself on the bed headboard.

"We are all fine don't worry. Some scratvb and a few burnt marks but we are okay" Hailey said and (Name) smiled.

"Where are you all living now?" he asked. "At Callum's cabin. We are mostly in hiding. Don't worry about us" Hailey said and (Name) could hear some kid laughing happily in the background.

"Okay that's all. Not gonna interrupt anymore. But promise to call me when you are safe at the mansion" Hailey said.

"I promise to call you when he get there. Also Hailey, can I ask a question?" (Name) asked cautiously looking at the bathroom door.

"Sure thing honey. Ask straight away" Hailey said and (Name) coudl practically see the smile on her face.

"It may sound weird but.... Why doesn't (Y/N) have a mate yet? I know omega males are rare but I saw a lot of Beta males." (Name) said hoping the question wasn't awkward.

"Well (Y/N) is probably gonna kill me for telling it but I think you need to know" said Hailey. "I promise not to tell her" (Name) said.

"Okay so there is a really old tradition in (Y/N)'s family. That the bonding will be strictly when either the omega is in heat or the Alpha is in rut. The omega will run into the woods owned by (Y/N)'s family. The Alpha's only job is to find that omega. Once the Alpha found the omega, they have permission to mate, breed and bare children." Hailey said.

"That doesn't sound so crazy. What's the catch?" (Name) asked feeling interested.

"The catch is that in the forest (Y/N)'s family owns lives a lot of dangerous creatures. It is a test of the omega is cautious enough to protect themselves and their family. On the other side it is the test for the Alpha to find their mate and walk with him home. Basically just test if both of them are worth of mating." Hailey said and then suddenly stopped her story.

"Lost of Beta males went to that woods.... Everyone came out alive but none were worth mating with (Y/N)." Hailey said but before she coudl continue (Y/N) came out of the bathroom door with a towel around her body.