O N E

The Rescue Mission
____________________________________

"Harry, are you insane? You should know better than to use magic outside of Hogwarts!" I scolded.

Harry had just used magic in front of Dudley, a Muggle, and had also received a letter saying he was expelled from Hogwarts.

"There was a Dementor! What else was I supposed to do? Sit there and watch it suck Dudley's soul out?" he snapped. "Besides, it was an emergency! You're allowed to use magic in that case!"

"The Ministry doesn't think it was an emergency!" I scolded, "Harry, you're going to have to live with the Dursleys!"

The unlocking of a lock got my attention, and I turned to see the doorknob to our room turning. "The Dursleys can't possibly be back from the hospital yet, right?"

Harry and I each grabbed our wands out of instinct as the door burst open. Light filled the room and I could make out several figures.

"Hi!" a cheerful voice said.

Harry and I both shared a glance. Whoever these intruders were, they are not very threatening.

"Tonks, for the sake of Merlin!" a gruff, but familiar voice said.

"Professor Moody, is that you?" Harry asked.

"What're you doing here?" I added.

"Rescuing you two of course. Lets go."

He spun around before either one of us could respond. We all hurried after him and he led us outside.

"Professor, where are we going? The letter said I've been expelled from Hogwarts!" Harry exclaimed, clearly overwhelmed with all that was going on.

"Not yet you haven't. Kingsley, explain," Moody ordered.

We all stood in a line on the edge of the street. Tonks, and another lady I did not know stood besides me. Tonks gave me a wink. She's always been like a sister to me ever since we met.

"Dumbledore has persuaded the minister to have a hearing about what happened," Kinsley explained.

"But don't worry, Harry. We'll explain everything when we get back to Headqu-," Tonks said, getting cut off by Moody.

"Shh! Not here Nymphadora."

Harry and I shared a confused glance as her hair turned a shade of red, expressing her anger. "Don't call me Nymphadora."

Moody rolled his eyes and rapped his walking stick against the concrete. Brooms appeared out of thin air and I stuck my hand up, just barely managing to catch the one that was flying towards me at a fast speed.

"Stay in formation and don't break ranks if one of us is killed," Moody commanded before mounting his broom.

We all hopped onto our brooms and took off into the night. The wind whipped through my hair as we flew in a 'V' formation like a flock of geese. Harry was on the other side of me and we shared small smiles before parting ways to fly around a ferry which was in our path.

A while later, we landed in a quiet street full of apartment buildings. Moody motioned us to follow and tapped his stick on the ground once again. However, Harry and I watched in awe as the apartments shifted and another building popped up.

"In you go," Moody said, ushering Harry and me towards the new building.

We walked slowly down a hallway only to be shoved out of the way by Moody. Kingsley gave us both a pat on the shoulder as he hurried by and Tonks winked at us both before following the others into a room which hushed voices were coming from.