Chapter 39

Londyn's POV

This was the moment of truth. I followed behind her once she took off running.

"Londyn" dad and the boys called out to me

I ignored them and continued running

We always leave her alone when she gets like this but I don't think that's what she wants

Louise's body is built different. Years of training and conditioning makes her impossible to keep up with

When we were kids I'd always chase after her whenever she'd run off. I just wanted to give her a hug and tell her I'm here but I could never keep up. I was always so close to catching up to her yet so far. I would cry for hours because I just wanted to be with her.

We're identical and all I've ever wanted was to be her best friend but unfortunately I never made the cut.

I tried for years to be there for her but my efforts proved futile. I stopped trying and started hanging out with the boys.

I know I'm an awful sister but I couldn't take the constant rejection. Imagine being last pick by your own sister.

It's probably when my obsession with being liked by people came from. It used to kill me to be hated or disliked. After years of therapy and a traumatic event that occurred freshman year, I was able to get over it.

No matter how hard I try I can't get over her not liking me

It's pathetic

I apparently hurt Louise, then cry when she hates me. Liam's words not mine

Liam and Luc give me the most crap for hurting her feelings even though they're bigger assholes to her

When I was seven I decided to stop feeling bad for myself. I was already in track but I got dad to find me a trainer to start conditioning me more. I used the excuse that I wanted to go to the Olympics. Being the supportive dad he is he complied. I started training to build stamina and speed. Even though I eventually closed the distance I still felt as though I was oceans away from her.

I got stuck doing track for years which I hated. Track girls are really mean in our area. I wanted to quit but dad wouldn't let me "waste his money". He made me go to track camps, run at sunset and sunrise. While Louise was sad somewhere dad was making me break my own records. I could never disappoint dad so I turned my back on Louise and the real reason I joined track.

I would tell myself I would talk to her in our room but I'd get home and collapse from exhaustion.

Last summer I took up lacrosse in secret cause dad would lose his mind. He wanted me to run the olympics so I couldn't tell him. He of course found out and lost his mind. Mom told him to back off but he made sure to let me know I was wasting my potential.

I cried for hours and Louise stayed up all night listening to me cry. She brought up a tub of ice cream and we watched Coco my favorite Disney movie

The real reason I run is to keep up with her. She's always there for me and I want to be here for her

Tonight for the first time ever I caught up to her

I tackled her into the sand of the beach. I hugged her so tight and cried

"Why are you crying? Are you hurt?" she asked concerned

"No, I'm just happy!"

"You're so weird." she laughed

"I've been wanting to do this for years. This is why I took up track. I wanted to catch you and hug you. I wanted you to know you're not alone and that I'll always find you."