Chapter 23

~Y/n Point Of View~

Damn out of all the people it had to be. What do I say or do.

"It's been a while hasn't it Y/n." Kakashi says.

"Yeah it has." I couldn't look him in the eyes. I want to run up to him and hug him but i can't.

"We'll leave you two alone for now." Jirayia grabs the unconscious fox and starts walking away. It was just me and kakashi.

I couldn't take it anymore. I wanted to kiss him but what if he doesn't like me anymore or even worse he hates me for not visiting.

Suddenly I feel a pair of lips on mine. I was in shock to see Kakashi but I kissed back right away. I put my hands around his neck while his were on my waist.

He breaks the kiss to pull me into a tight hug. "I've missed you." He whispered in my ear. I'm relieved he didn't hate me.

"I missed you too." I say back.

We pull out of the hug and stare into each others eyes. I didn't dare break the silence but he did.

"Well i guess you don't have to go back now." I wish that were true but they left me here for now. They will come back.

"For now i think i'm safe but sooner or later they will come back for me Kakashi." I saw his expression change. He looked sad but i knew i had to tell him the truth.

"Let's head to the hokages office, i'm pretty sure she'd like to know what happened." He starts to walk off while i follow behind him.

While walking back, i look around, admiring the village. I feels good to be back even for a short while. I can't wait to see everyone. I wonder if Naruto and Sasuke are okay.

After a tiring walk, we made it to the hokages residence. I was a bit nervous since i did leave without telling her anything. She's probably going to scold me when i get in there.

I was right. Lady Tsunade started yelling at me for leaving and taking a huge risk.

"I'm sorry granny, i did what i had to do to make sure the people i care for were safe." I bow trying to get her to forgive me.

"BY RISKING YOUR LIFE! WE COULD HAVE PROTECTED YOU, BUT INSTEAD YOU WENT OUT PUTTING YOURSELF IN DANGER!"

"I KNOW WHAT I DID WAS RECKLESS BUT YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW POWERFUL THEY ARE GRANNY, THEY COULD EASILY DESTROY THIS WHOLE VILLAGE IF THEY WANTED TO!" That was the first time i have ever raised my voice but she wouldn't listen. I instantly regretted my choice.

"I'm sorry for raising my voice, you just wouldn't listen." I lower my head, disappointed in myself for yelling at the hokage.

"I'm sorry too, but y/n you don't have to do this alone, we are all here to help. Next time they try coming for you, we will make sure they don't take you."

"Thanks granny." I look up at her and give her a small smile.

"Now that that's settled, why don't you tell us why they took you specifically?" I knew this question would come up. There was no point in hiding it anymore from them.

"They needed me for there plan. I don't know the details but they need my eyes in order to complete it." I say.

"Eyes? What so special about them?" Granny asks.

"As you know, no one knows what clan i came from since one of your shinobi found me in the woods. Well when i was younger i was apart of a clan, i didn't know which one since my parents decided to leave it but i knew where it was. They were going to sell me to someone for a lot of money. I was worth a lot because of my eyes but not a lot of people knew about them. Those who did would try anything to get their hands on them. My parents ended up selling me to this man, i didn't exactly see his face but once they made the trade the man killed my parents infront of me in order to get me to active my eyes."

"If your clans eyes are so powerful then how come they couldn't stop him?" Kakashi asked out of curiosity.

"That's because not everyone in our clan had them. It was so rare to the point that whoever gave birth to a child with special eyes would be made leader of the clan."

"What do your eyes do?" Granny ask.

"They take away chakra from whoever is in sight. They automatically steal the persons chakra, leaving them dead or close to death. If you have enough control over them, you can transfer chakra you have stolen to someone else." Everyone looked at me in fear. I'm not surprised with the reaction.

"Have you ever killed anyone with them?" Kakashi asks.

"When I tried to go back to my clan, my eyes were activated....." I looked down as i remembered what happened. Their screams. Their cry's. The look in the children's eyes as they saw their parents life get drained. It hurt me just remembering it.

"You don't mean..." Granny said in a sad tone.

"You're exactly right... I killed them all. I drained the life out of every single last one of them.." I didn't dare look up as i know they would look at me with fear and pity. I never told anyone about this but i had to. I wanted to run out and cry. Remembering what i did hurt me like hell.

"Y/n I didn't know... I'm sorry. Don't blame yourself, it wasn't your fault." Kakashi came up to me and put his hand in my shoulder.

"Yes it was kakashi! You can't tell me that killing off my whole clan wasn't my fault! If i didn't go back that would have never happened!" I look away from kakashi. He takes his hand off my shoulder and takes a few steps back. That hurt. He was scared of me. I'm being feared by they person I love the most. Maybe being with the Akatsuki wasn't so bad. We all did terrible things so being there meant i wouldn't be judged by them.

I'm a monster... If only the person who stabbed me in the neck managed to get it deep enough, I would be dead. Everyone would have been alive but that person failed.

To Be Continued...