Chapter 19

~Itachi Point Of View~

I could feel myself regaining couscous. I slowly open my eyes to see y/n staring at me. She quickly looks away hoping i didn't see her. I realize i'm laying on her lap so i slowly get up.

"I thought you'd escape." I coldly say while sitting up. I watched her expression change into a sad one. She looks down at her lap. "It would only cause trouble."

I felt bad but she was right. If she would have escaped, we would come for her, harming anyone in our way. She made a good but hard decision.

"You did the right thing." I stand up and pull out my hand towards her. She looks up at me with tears forming her eyes. I can tell she's been holding them back.

She places her hand on mine and pulls herself up. I start walking towards the base without letting go of her hand. Her hands are so small and soft. I glance at her and notice she's blushing while staring at our connected hands. I smirk at her reaction.

After walking for around half an hour, i remember she knocked me out! "You know, don't think i've forgotten about you knocking me out." I glance at her and she looks at me in fear.

"I-i'm sorry, i just wanted to go see kakashi before i had to go back." She says.

"Well you won't be seeing him for a while so get over him." I take one last look at her before looking forward again. She had her head down as if she knew i was right, which i am.

"We need to get there fast." I pick her up and carry her bridal style. I can tell she was surprised by my sudden action. We needed to get there before sun down or pain will be a bitch about it.

~Y/n Point Of View~

Itachi picked me up so suddenly. I didn't exactly know why but i'm guessing it to get there faster. He was jumping from branch to branch so quickly making the wind blow his hair back.

I knew that it will take long to get back to the base so i decide to take a nap. I snuggle onto Itachi's chest and get myself comfortable in his arms. His grip tightened on me making me blush. I felt so calm and safe being in his arms.

Slowly, i close my eyes and try falling asleep as the wind blew against the side of my head.

-Time skip-

I wake up to Itachi's cold voice. "We're here." He gently puts me down as i try to wake myself up. I look around to see where we are. It was the base.

Itachi started walking inside. I followed him, staying as close to him as i could. I was familiar with the direction we're heading to. It was Pains office. I didn't want to see him right now but i didn't exactly have a choice.

We got to Pains office. Itachi knocked on the door, Pain told him to come in. I looked at him in fear but he didn't notice. I walk in behind Itachi with my head down.

"Did you get her to awaken her eyes?" Pain says while looking towards me.

"She lied to us, her eyes were awoken at the age of 4." I was scared for how he'd react. I lied to them meaning he would get angry.

"Let me talk to her in private." Pain coldly says. Something bad is about to happen.

Without another word, Itachi heads out leaving me alone with Pain. He got up and started walking towards me. Me hands started shaking but i got control of myself to get ready for the worse.

I was right. Pain quickly punched the side of my face, sending me flying against the wall. The wall cracked from how hard i hit it. My back hurt like a bitch but i quickly stood up and got ready to fight back. He started heading towards me so i jumped away. I ran towards him as his back was turned to me. I try to punch him but he dodges. He does the same, trying to land a punch on me but i block his punch while my other hand goes for a hit. I end up hitting him in the stomach, making him fly back.

Pain smirks while wiping the blood away from his mouth. He stands up and heads to his desk. "Not bad, but not the best. You'll be training with the other members once you settle in. Now go find Itachi, he'll be showing you where you're staying and introduce you to the others. You may leave." He was only testing me. I didn't expect that but was that really necessary. Now my back hurts and my cheek.

I walk out of the room to go find Itachi. Right when i walked out i saw him standing next to the wall. He was talking to someone. It was Kisame. I haven't seen him in a while.

I walk over to them. Itachi looks at me then looks back at Kisame. "We'll talk later." Kisame nods while Itachi grabs my hand and starts dragging me. I didn't feel like complaining so i let him take me to where ever.

We entered a small dark hall. It was being lit up by torches on the wall. There was rooms with names on the top. I'm guessing each of them belongs to a member.

Finally we came to a stop. I looked at Itachi then at the door with no name on it. "This will be your room. When you finish unpacking, meet me in the living room." Before i could ask where that was he had already disappeared.

I look at the door and wonder what he meant by unpack. I don't remember bringing anything with me. I reach for the door handle and open the door.

I saw my stuff on the bed. They probably went to get get my things from my house. Could they be the ones who entered my house that night? How long have they been watching me? I have so many questions for them.

As i entered the room, i looked around, closing the door behind me. The room was small but has enough space for a bed and a shelf. I started unpacking and putting my clothes in the dresser. It didn't take long since i didn't have much to begin with.

Once I finished, i headed to the living room. It took me a while to find it but once i did, i saw a bunch of people wearing the same cloak Itachi always wears. They all looked at me and gave me death glares. All I did was stare back with an emotionless expression.

To Be Continued...