35

"This is anti-black," Kendrick grunts as he follows you down the hall, Hakeem carrying the bags beside him.

"What Kenny said," Hakeem agreed, panting as he continued to carry the bags in his hands. After you, Hakeem, and Kendrick all left Party City, Hakeem and Kendrick ended up fighting in the street.

"Y'all embarrassed me, I ain't think y'all was finna actually square up in public...so now y'all are carrying all the bags," you tossed the house keys in the air, catching it each time.

"Are you surprised? Why is that...so surprising?" Hakeem said with a straight face. Kendrick shook his head, finally placing the bags down as he waited for you to unlock the door, which you did right after.

Hakeem speed walked into the apartment and placed the bags in the living room before walking into the kitchen. Kendrick kept the bags in his hands as he kicked off his shoes carefully to not crease them.

You tossed your shoes in the corner and walked into the living room. You picked up your laptop that you remembered leaving on the coffee table and opened it to start searching online for more birthday decorations.

Hakeem walked in the living room with a glass of iced tea in his hand and his laptop in his other.

"Hope you're getting war flashbacks Kenny," you laughed as you realized how quickly Kendrick looked away from Hakeem's glare after placing his cup on the table.

Kendrick shook his head and got up to take a seat beside Hakeem, "Is Shawn here?"

"Um he was here before I left, Ion see him right now," Hakeem shrugged as he opened the google website, "Probably went to play basketball."

"Oh," Kendrick hummed as he nodded his head, "Can I use your laptop, I wanna look for gifts..."

Hakeem sucked his teeth and sent Kendrick a mean mugging expression, "Use your phone, safari exists, unless you use that shit for you know what."

"Bro chill out," Kendrick moved his hand in the air, making a calming gesture as he whispered to Hakeem, "Please."

Hakeem rolled his eyes and handed Kendrick his laptop as a smile appeared on Kendrick's face. You and Kendrick's phone vibrated at the same time, signaling that you both received a text.

You looked at your phone and looked up at Kendrick who was also staring back at you, "Chanel texted you didn't she," You and Kendrick said at the same time, leaving you both chuckling and laughing.

"6 hours and 12 days," Kendrick read off the message that was on his phone.

meanwhile...

"You sure nothing is going on with you and Y/n? You didn't sound interested to come with me last week," Connie parked his car, turning his head to the side to look at Eren.

Eren had his black hood covering his head as he stared out the window, looking away from Connie. Gently rubbing his fingers against his temple, Eren sighed deeply before unblucking his seatbelts.

"Nothing is going on Connie, let's go before I change my mind," Eren opened the car door, shoving his hands inside the pockets of his hoodie.

Inside the club was hot and crowded, barely any gaps for anyone to walk through. The multi colored lights nearly flashed Eren's eyes as he walked behind Connie to where the bar stand was.

Eren sat beside Connie and lifted a finger up to the bartender, signaling for one shot. Connie drummed his fingers against the table, wandering his eyes around the club.