CHAPTRER EIGHTEEN

Start from the beginning

Home. He was going to take me home, but I didn't want to go home. Only Lauren was at home. And Beth, but Lauren wouldn't do anything if Beth was around. It was the thought of what she would do when Beth wasn't around.

My lips parted but whatever I was about to say died down when David's eyes narrowed. I swallowed and slowly sat up. Pushing the blankets away I nodded and then stood to pull on my shoes. When I turned David was still standing by the couch, watching me.

I walked over to him and held my hand out. David hesitated for only a few seconds before he handed it over.

"I don't want you telling anybody about the club. Do you understand me?"

"Y-yes, sir."

Satisfaction flashed through his eyes. "Let's get going."

***

Of course I didn't give him my real address, mostly because I didn't know it and the other reason was that I didn't want him to know where I lived. I managed to find my way home while asking for directions. Seemed like almost the whole town knew who the Sanders were.

Getting in was a harder task. I didn't have a remote to open the gate so I climbed over it and almost ended up breaking my neck, but luckily my reflexes were a bit faster than what they used to be.

With the envelope pushed into the front of my pants and covered by my shirt, I entered the house. At first nothing looked out of the ordinary, but the moment I reached the living room, all hell broke lose.

"Sydney!" Lauren rushed forward with her arms stretched out in front of her.

I instantly flinched away from her touch. It was all a act—just like it always was. My eyes darted past her to the other people in the living room. Two police officers, Tyrone, Beth, and Damien.

"Where have you been?"

My eyes snapped back to Lauren's I gave her a small forced smile and shrugged. "With friends."

"With friends? You—"

"What friends?"

I looked at Tyrone. What the hell does he care? Why wasn't he at home entertaining Bella like he had yesterday? Without answering him, I turned and headed towards the stairs. Lauren was talking to the officers.

My brows dipped into a frown. Why had she called the police? I had only been gone for one night.

I entered my room and slammed the door closed. Walking over to the bed, I pulled the envelope out from underneath my shirt and pushed it under the pillows. Only just in time because the bedroom door was thrown open and slammed shut a second later. I didn't need to turn to find out who it was.

"Where the hell have you been?" Tyrone snarled. "You can't just go off and fucking disappear like that!"

"What do you care?"

I gasped when he gripped my arm and spun me around. His fingers gripped my chin and tilted my face backwards so I could look at him. I swallowed as I watched the emotions flash through his eyes as he studied the fading bruise.

"I care," he finally said. "I care."

A scoff fell from my lips before I could stop it. Pressing my hands against his chest, I pushed him away from me and turned towards the closet.

"I'm home. I'm fine. Leave."

"Sin—"

"I don't need you."

"Where have you been?"

"It's not your business."

Tyrone slammed a hand down on the closet door above my head before I could open it. I instantly tensed, but didn't move. There was nowhere to go, especially when he pressed his body along my back.

"It is my business," he hissed against my ear. "You're my business."

How could he say something he didn't mean? I swallowed the lump in my throat and squeezed my eyes closed. His scent surrounded me. His warm breath fanned my hear. It was all too much, having him so close to me, but not able to touch him and kiss him like I wanted to.

"I'm nobody's business," I croaked. "You made your choice and you better stick to it. I know when I'm being used. You—"

"I want nothing more than to be with you every second of the day, baby."

"Then what's stopping you?"

Tyrone stepped away from me instead of answering. It hurt more than his silence. Shaking my head, I opened my closet and removed some clean clothes. When I turned around, he stood a few feet away watching me.

"You know," I whispered. "I being with the three of you has been the most amazing time of my life. Being without you felt like I was back in hell, but seeing you with Bella as if nothing has ever happened between us, that's what hurts to most, Tyrone."

I blinked back the tears. Tyrone moved so suddenly that I couldn't stop him. One minute he was facing me and the next he was kissing me. The clothes dropped to the floor and my hands shot up to grip his shoulders as I melted against him. But as soon as it happened, it ended.

"Oh," Beth's loud exclamation had us jerking apart. "I'm s-sorry."

Dread filled me. Was she going to tell Lauren and Draven? Tyrone gripped my arm before I could go after her.

"I'll take care of it," he told me as he moved towards the door where he hesitated with his and on the handle. "I'll call you later. We need to talk."