Requiem

Dear Mikaelson brothers,

It's Violet once more, surprise I know. It actually should be a surprise considering that I haven't wrote in so long. Well Hope got everything she probably wanted for Christmas even though my gift was way off course. It's a shame you weren't able to return by then. Despite Marcel bowing to the Strix and him handing me over to that extremely boring Tristan and his psychotic sister Aurora, I'd say things are wonderful here. And you may not be the only one with family out there as well. Speaking of, thanks to Klaus, Aurora believed or still believes that we were together, I'd never wish that on anyone (Joking, don't take offense). Oh I heard Freya say Rebekah was stopping by but she hasn't come to town. I do hope Mikael or the Strix didn't catch her, maybe she wanted to be free again.

Now clearly you don't care about these little updates I give you but I'm really just rambling to hide the truth. There's something you should know and I don't know exactly how to tell you this. You both must have given up your phones as I tried calling you without any answers. Freya said this will definitely find you and you must read this letter.

I really hate to share this over a letter and I'd rather do it in person...Cami is dead. Marcel and I found her in our bedroom at the Compound with her throat slit. And you know Cami; she constantly refused to take anyone's blood just in case she was targeted. I don't know what happened, no one does. After being captured, Lucien, yes the first person you turned had taken care of me for a few days to keep me safe. Eventually my real knight in shining armor came to bring me back home and that's how we found her.

Now I hate to do this but Marcel doesn't want to point the finger at Tristan and his groupies but I will be glad to do so. There is no proof of anyone, we searched high and low to find the killer but that is my only bet. Now everyone needs a motive, right? We all know this wasn't a random attack because let's face it; if you wanted to kill someone randomly, you've got thousands of people on Bourbon Street. Wait, I'll explain this to you in person and not through a letter.

We really don't know what to do with the body. She has no family that any of us know of, no one to notify. For now, we are agreeing to just dolling her up, placing her in a casket and holding an open funeral as you know the people of New Orleans are going to become curious. Marcel came up with a cover story even though it doesn't make much sense considering that she has a slit throat. Not like we could say hey, a vampire did this and help us find him. We're going to put her in her family plot obviously so I'm writing for you both to make it back in time for the occasion. I know you'd both, more or less you Klaus would want to see her before she's bricked up and we'll try our best to keep her out until you return. But only a body can be out so long before it decomposes, hell I'll lock her in a cooler myself.

I know her favorite color was navy so I'm planning things to be a color theme. Yes, I know it is a funeral but I'm just trying to do what I think is best. I haven't even had a chance to process everything through and I know this isn't even about me. Cami was a friend to all of us and to think that someone ripped that away from us...Just come home.

XOXO Violet.

Violet had just finished the letter and had to give it to Freya as quick as possible. The sooner they received the letter, the better. She didn't even know how to put it in words, what could she possibly say? Before they had left, she knew Cami and Klaus were spending a great amount of time together and this was going to hit him hard whether he show the emotion or not, knowing Klaus that would be a no. She hated that it had to happen in the compound because now that was all she was going to think about, how Cami came in probably just to talk and someone slit her throat and left her as a gift. It wasn't right and it wasn't fair.

She had left Marcel to clean up the mess and do something with the body. They were planning a memorial service that night and hold the body for the next day for the Originals. They didn't know how many people were going to show or what anyone was going to do. The human faction had been under control but with Cami being dead, who knows how it's going to go. Violet had snuck into Cami's apartment in search for some of her things. She wanted to find that deep blue dress that was her favorite and she always liked to wear. It was her idea to find something of hers that she could be buried in instead of some random outfit. As she looked around, the silence was unbearable and she wiped her forehead. It had only been a day since she had been dead but everything was happening so fast.

Violet moved to the closet and started to dig through her clothes. She was going to find that dress even if it took all night. Aarick had stayed to help Marcel with the cleaning and that was also on the back of her mind. She invited him to stay with them for a while even though he disapproved. It was bad enough that the wolves had already hated vampires and having one stay with them was worse. But she didn't know what to do; she didn't want him to go back to a place he didn't like. Violet knew that he didn't belong there, he wasn't the werewolf type. Problem was she still didn't know if that was her brother...Even though her heart had doubted it.

After ten minutes went by, she had finally found the dress and sighed in relief. She thought she was never going to find it and was going to go with a light pink one she found. Her phone had buzzed on the dresser which made her jump. Reaching for it, she sat crossed legged on the floor and answered.

"Hey, did you drop the letter off to Freya?"

It was Marcel. "Yeah, I told her about everything and she said she'd make sure they got it in time. She said if there is anything she can do..."

"I think everything is under control here, well what we can do. I sent your brother, or should I say the wolf on a blood supply run. Oh and I told him to get the flowers since you are busy"

"I could have got them and please let's not make this a joke for the next few days. I'll be there as soon as I can. I found the dress" Violet had hung up before he or she could say goodbye.