Questions for Questions

"I got to hand it to you guys; this is a good group of vampires"

Josh and Gia smiled and looked over at the ten new additions to the New Orleans vampires. Violet had just got done officially meeting all of them and their back stories and she was impressed. She never doubted that they would find anyone but it was always hard. She heard that Gia was a hard choice to choose and Marcel had doubted Caleb's skill. All the vampires stood outside at the back of the church and everyone was pleased. Of course they were far from getting daylight rings but that would come with time.

"Coming from you Violet, I think that is the only compliment I've ever received" Gia said joking.

"Sweet like candy, deadly as ice, cross me once, and I'll cross you twice. You guys know me, I don't judge anyone but I'm giving you both credit because I couldn't really find anyone"

She looked at her phone which read 8:40, Marcel was supposed to be there 10 minutes ago. Not like she was really worried, she just didn't want to be outside of the church for hours.

"Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't our glorious leader supposed to be here like a while ago? Speaking of, did you hear your favorite suited Original is coming back to town?"

Violet lifted her head and looked at Josh who was looking at Gia. She blinked in surprise and then turned to Violet, feelings were mutual.

"Oops, what I meant to say was I haven't heard from him" Josh shifted his eyes and scratched the back of his neck. Now he was caught by surprise because he thought she knew.

"What do you mean Elijah is coming to New Orleans?"

"Sorry I'm late" Marcel had just snuck through the back door to the church and popped in to the vampires. Violet then cocked her head in his direction as Gia faintly looked at Josh. She was glad Elijah was coming back; it had been a while since she had seen him. She nudged Josh away to get more details.

"Alright guys, tonight is your first task of really showing you can be worthy of being you can be The four of you take the East; the other four take the west. The three of you stay in the city to make sure none of the Strix are snooping around"

As all the newly turned vampires nodded to their assignment, they went off in the direction they were told. Gia was busy getting the dirt on Elijah over against the building which left the couple. Violet smiled politely and stepped closer to him. Slipping her arm around his back, she looked up at him.

"So what's this I hear about Elijah coming into town?"

Marcel's eyes flickered between her and Josh then back to her. Backing away slightly she crossed her arms waiting for a response.

"Look, I wanted to tell you but I caught up in something else. It's nothing important really"

"Are you forgetting that I know what Aya or should I say Tristan wanted? This city means everything to us and I'm not going to watch it waste away. You've been King for a long time, why are you working with them?"

Violet knew that every time she said something like that he never had an answer. She knew that she struck a nerve somewhere and Marcel wasn't going to explain himself. Josh and Gia slowly stopped talking and looked over at them.

"I find it interesting that you are questioning me but yet you are fraternizing with our enemy as well"

Taken back by the remark, Violet's expression was mixed with humor, surprise and confused. "What do you mean I've been fraternizing?"

"Let's just say history must be repeating itself as of late. Over the last few days I've been finding out more and more and connecting it to the past. I didn't like Jake and I'm not going to like Roman"

Moving far away from her and tossing on his jacket that he was holding, Marcel turned away from the group of vampires. Violet scoffed shaking her head and couldn't believe what just happened. Was Tristan really telling the truth?

"Where are you going?" She said watching him.

"I'm going to speak you're your ex-boyfriend and my new frenemy if you don't mind"

Disappearing through an alley, Violet looked over at Jake and Gia who were watching the entire scene unfold in surprise. Of course they were going to question if she really was having secret meetings with the wolves. As for new history, that was the first time Marcel had ever walked away from her.

Knocking on Lucien's penthouse door, Marcel waited for him to answer. He wasn't sure if he believed the almighty Alexis but he did trust Violet's word. Putting his hand in his jacket and glancing around, he did have to give the guy credit even if he was showy. When the door opened, Lucien greeted him and brought him inside.

"I honestly thought you weren't going to show, such a pleasure to see you smile"

Lucien grinned closing the door seeing as he never saw Marcel look genuinely happy. Who would be at a time like this anyway? Offering him a drink, he waved it off.

"I just want to see the girl and I'll be on my way"

"Yes, Alexis is in the room to your right" He pointed in the direction as Marcel nodded and shifted his body in that direction. Lucien stopped him before he opened the door.

"Either you don't believe what Violet said or you don't want it to be true. Whatever you see from her is what is going to happen. What she told you is going to happen but that doesn't mean you are going to see the exact thing...Take whatever it is as a warning"

Marcel looked at him for a moment before opening the door. Alexis was sitting in a chair staring at the door, she must have been waiting. Marcel hated that he was asking Lucien for a favor but he wasn't going to let fate ruin the city. The city wasn't going to burn down, he and Violet would survive and continue to have reign of the city for all eternity, that's at least what he hoped for.

After listening what to do, Marcel rubbed his hands nervous as she held out her wrist. Hesitating, he took a step forward as Lucien nodded at him. Biting into her wrist, Alexis closed her eyes and let the fortune be told.

"Burning bright by by the light and the flame, be careful who you trust and who you blame. Through thick and thin you built the city. Watching it die down will be such a pity. After all is through the hearts will mend, every kingdom falls and comes to an end"

Twenty minutes after his vision, Marcel stared out the large glass window still in Lucien's penthouse. Staring at the bright lights, he ignored every call or message that he got on his phone. The more he stared at the city, the more worried and scared he got. One thing was for sure, things were going to go down in flames.

"Well good news is Alexis is alright, my blood helped calm her down and she is now resting so if we dare to look into fate again, we have chance"

Lucien stepped out of her room and over to the side bar. Pouring two drinks, he looked at him and just slid it across the table.

"They've already got Rebekah..."

He stopped mid drink at the words not knowing an Original had even came to the city. Shaking his head he knew that meant the Originals were probably sure to follow in her footsteps. "According to Tristan, Violet's been meeting with the Bienvenue wolves"

Shifting his eyes once Marcel turned around, he hoped he didn't catch the look. He stepped over to take the drink as Lucien. "Do you want me to handle it?"

Marcel drank his drink and slammed the glass down. He told him he'd handle the situation himself which only meant he was going to do more digging. He wasn't going to jump to conclusions and this was becoming more of a strange alliance as time was going on. The good thing was that both knew Violet well, at least they could come together because of her. Waving another drink off, he walked towards the door to leave.

"What did you see?" Lucien called out watching him.

Glancing behind his shoulder Marcel spoke "The city catching on fire, exactly like Violet and seen. A new leader of the Strix but I don't know who. Bourbon street covered in blood and ash...And one more thing" He stopped and completely turned around to look at him. "A blonde girl lying in the street in a pool of blood dead"

Lucien stared at him thinking of only one blonde that came to mind.